8th Generation Honda Civic Forum banner
1 - 20 of 61 Posts

·
Registered
359 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Took the car cover off my 4dr and took her out for a much needed spin around the block, and noticed a very peculiar sound coming from the bottom half of the car on the driver's side. shifted into several other gears and it seems that my 4th gear has decided to crap itself. i am extremely surprised on this considering my money would have been on 2nd or 3rd going out first. but i guess it makes sense considering 4th gear was/is the only gear i don't spin in at WOT, which takes the blunt force of 17psi straight to the face with a higher load.

Anywho, my sedan was in need of some much needed attention anyways (motor mounts, boost solenoid, battery relocation, catch can) just to name a few things on the to-do list. i guess i get to add the new gearset to the list of things needed. i guess this should be my que to get off of my ass and drop the car off to have [email protected] work his magic again.

anyways expect a video of the symptoms and some pictures of my trans soon. but i figured i would give ya'll a update on the car since it's been a while. I am constantly getting youtube hits asking the status of my trans... so here it is! lol keep in mind, this is daily driven 80 miles a day 4-5 days a week... i think if my numbers are right the stock trans lasted about 8-9 months with close to 9000 miles on the kit. that's also on 17psi daily, with no boost by gear making around 440-460whp depending on the temps... and driving the car considerably hard, i'm proud she held up as long as she did!

·
Registered
8,668 Posts
Ya thats amazing they lasted that long especially with the power your putting down and how long you have had that kit on there.

·
Registered
1,432 Posts
The infamous 4th gear blowout...lol. It definitely held up well considering it was daily driven hard at that power level.

·
Registered
359 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
just got off the phone with dave, and who knows. I'm not really paticular on gears as long as the are functional. that is really the only criteria i need/want to meet.... that and practicality is a big one as well... anyways, expect that stuff to come through soon ;)

·
Registered
359 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
lol, i've been in this game way too long to be naive and think my car is invincible. expecting it is the best way to get on with life.

·
Registered
8,668 Posts
thats 450ish on a mustang dyno, more like well over 500 on a dynapack(which is the norm dyno for all the big boys) you'll be fine dude.

·
Registered
2,556 Posts
tht sucks dude.. when i seeen the thread, i wass hoping ur not sc'ed .. bc i wouldnt b a happppy camper if i had any of my gears go kabooom.!

1 - 20 of 61 Posts