8th Generation Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
3,423 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I had one of my freinds drive my car when he went on vacation, because it was making a funny noise to my wife. She told me that the car was making a clunking noise when she let the clutch out quickly.

So he drove my car and he says it is the CV axle. Now to a point I trust his mechanical skills other wise I would not of had him drive my car. :box:

How could a axle be bad on my Si at 12,000 miles? I drive it hard :vtec: but I almost never drop the clutch and when I do it is always wet. Is there any way that my aggresive driving habits could have caused this? Also something that needs to be considered is that I have not drove the car in 6 months my wife has been driving it. :SHOCKED:

·
Registered
5,918 Posts
20strong said:
I had one of my freinds drive my car when he went on vacation, because it was making a funny noise to my wife. She told me that the car was making a clunking noise when she let the clutch out quickly.

So he drove my car and he says it is the CV axle. Now to a point I trust his mechanical skills other wise I would not of had him drive my car. :box:

How could a axle be bad on my Si at 12,000 miles? I drive it hard :vtec: but I almost never drop the clutch and when I do it is always wet. Is there any way that my aggresive driving habits could have caused this? Also something that needs to be considered is that I have not drove the car in 6 months my wife has been driving it. :SHOCKED:
Has it rained in the vicinty lately because if it is the CV Axle you could have torn a boot and let water into the joint if you hit puddles hard or hit something . Otherwise it could be defective.

·
Registered
595 Posts
Im thinkin a mount of some sort. When one of my engine mounts on my vw went out ever little clutch input or throttle input would make a clunk and a boom if it was done aggresively

·
Registered
3,423 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I never thought of that ^^. A motor mount makes a little more sense than the axle breaking. Exspecially with a stock ride. I have my wife taking it to the dealer tomarrow so I hope that I will know soon. I am in Iraq so I cant really do much about it.

·
Registered
1,996 Posts
hopefully you can get it fixed under warrenty.. on a side note.. i would be more worried about leaving my wife for six months and this guy being around her.. hmm anyhow good luck:waiting:

·
Registered
3,423 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
lowerlevel said:
hopefully you can get it fixed under warrenty.. on a side note.. i would be more worried about leaving my wife for six months and this guy being around her.. hmm anyhow good luck:waiting:
If you have to worry about your wife around your best freind then you got way bigger problems then me.
As far as the big wheels I was thinking the same thing but it turned out that it is the motor mount. So they are fixing it but blaming me for it offcourse. Isnt there a TSB out for that?

1 - 9 of 9 Posts