8th Generation Honda Civic Forum banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
581 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
So I was at the track (race track, not 1/4 mile) and coming out of a corner I heard a fairly loud knock sound and then multiple metal gurgles coming from my car.

I wasn't sure what it was at first, then I tried second gear in the pits as I was slowing down and nothing happened. So basically my second gear completely stripped itself.

My question to you guys is: While I will have my transmission opened up, I plan to change my diff, FD, Clutch/flywheel and 2nd gear (of course,lol).

1- For the diff, I was thinking about the Wavetrac
2- For the Final Drive, probably the JDM 5.06
3- Clutch/flywheel --> CC stage 2 with 8.5lbs steel flywheel
4- For the 2nd gear, should I go OEM? Does anyone know stronger gears that are not $700 each? I know Kings sell a gear set, but I'll pass at $2760.

If you would do something differently, what and why?

Thanks

ps. Current setup is:

AEM CAI
Skunk2 RH
Full-Race Exhaust
RDX Injectors
Tuned on Flashpro
(considering going S/C)

I am also running 255/40 size R-Compound tires which is the main reason for the diff change, it really doesn't like it.

·
Registered
56 Posts
I would recommend SS line since it will hold the pressure much better, as you like to track your car. I don't see this would hurt anything. It should be beneficial to you.

·
Registered
2,164 Posts
NO NO NO! Don't do that 2.0 Diff... If 2.0 meaning TWO WAY. You don't want a two way. It will lock UNDER deceleration. Get a 1.5 way.

·
Registered
2,164 Posts
oh and I didn't know you can run the skunk2 header and full race header at the same time . LOL

I would get a 1.5 way diff and a type r final drive. Of course a new clutch and flywheel since its all out.

·
Registered
581 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
LOL. Yeah, Im runing the Full-Race manifold with the turbo bolted to my skunk2 header...lol jokes

My bad.

Edited my post, I also ordered the Wavetrac diff.

·
Registered
235 Posts
i wish they would. the sad part is my car is still under warranty. one of my buddies who is a salesman at honda said with all the mods i have they wont replace it under warranty. They are going to blame the supercharger for the gear breaking.

·
Registered
963 Posts
i wish they would. the sad part is my car is still under warranty. one of my buddies who is a salesman at honda said with all the mods i have they wont replace it under warranty. They are going to blame the supercharger for the gear breaking.
Uhhhh.....give it a shot , let them try and have your sales buddy speak to a tech. The gears are bad , they go on stock....

1 - 18 of 18 Posts