8th Generation Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
516 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
From a friend of mine that newly installed Catback exhaust systems (i just got the Apexi world sports 2 installed) that there is a break-in process before attaining the desired sound?

(I hope this isn't a repost)

·
Registered
516 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
honda_man12 said:
btw how do you like yours so far? and dp you know the dyno #s on it?
I literally got it installed just an hour ago... and i didn't really wanna push it coz my old exhaust system is sitting in the car (wrapped up...).

I like the subtle look a lot. Low key ya know?

As far as Dyno, no idea sir (i assume very little gains)

·
Registered
110 Posts
you need to drive around enough to coat the piping with the exhaust gases, and then it will be "broken-in"

·
Registered
1,172 Posts
koolgreen.com said:
I literally got it installed just an hour ago... and i didn't really wanna push it coz my old exhaust system is sitting in the car (wrapped up...).

I like the subtle look a lot. Low key ya know?

As far as Dyno, no idea sir (i assume very little gains)
no prob...and thats awesome I wanted a quiet exhaust so its between this or the EVO 2..still going to listen to more clips and check out some dyno #'s...but enjoy!:vtec:

·
Registered
1,172 Posts
yea thats what I heard too...as long as I get a deep tone with little to no drone Im happy....I just dont want anything that screams like a crazy bumblebee when Im revving high lol

·
Registered
4,200 Posts
I have the Apexi WS2 and it's pretty close to stock. On the highway there's a little drone but not enough to annoy you...and when you rev high your engine is going to be louder than your exhaust.

·
Registered
2,147 Posts
ok so i have a question ive heard that exhausts and CAIs dont really make much of a power difference n some lose power anyone know if there is any truth in this?

1 - 12 of 12 Posts