8th Generation Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
2,068 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I was looking at the ZEX kit, window switch, and tuning kit (after reading newbtuner's thread). If I buy it from ebay sellers (top rated) it comes out to $933

Now I also saw EX's CF solenoids and think they would look great in my engine bay, will they work fine with the ZEX prodcuts? (the switch to EX solenoids wouldn't be till later)

I was thinking of running a 75 shot unless someone can talk me into running a 100 shot safely.

I pretty much know what I want but any recommendations such as a more cost effective way to do it, or if you know of any deals going on right now that would help also.

I'm currently 230whp with i/h/e/cams/and more. (have flashpro)

Edit: I aldo already have iridium spark plugs

·
Registered
1,434 Posts
I have a zex kit in my Si. no problems, love it. I dont even have a window switch... just a NOS purge solenoid, Zex brain, WOT switch, bottle heater, and remote bottle opener.

I'm running a 75 shot, which is way more than enough... it's just that filling the bottle gets annoying and expensive lol.

·
Registered
18,914 Posts
the brain is the ZEX all in one TPS, nitrous and fuel solenoids.
ive heard from numous people that their brain fails. and i personally had one that i installed on anther members car fail.

problm is when they fail, you need to get new solenoids and a TPS switch seperatly. unless you buy the very expensive brain.

·
Registered
2,068 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Well for now I'll get the ZEX. If the solenoids fail then I'll upgrade to the awesome looking NX CF solenoids ;D

·
Registered
1,434 Posts
Well for now I'll get the ZEX. If the solenoids fail then I'll upgrade to the awesome looking NX CF solenoids ;D
Quickfit absolutely knows his stuff, but I think you'll be alright. Just get all of the safety additions to make it run safe safe safe.

The guy who installed my kit has done numerous installs for years, and has never had a faulty Zex solenoid brain.

·
Registered
2,068 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Ok thanks

One more question, will the zex kit/safety devices work in sync with NX solenoids/brain?

1 - 10 of 10 Posts