8th Generation Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
562 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i have couple question on where each lead goes.

First is the blue lead label antenna control. Where does that lead go? i have no idea.

second lead is the pink lead (car speed signal input). in the book it say it goes to the vechical injection computer, i have no idea where that is and even if i find it what color is the lead so i know which one i should spice the pink lead with.

the third lead i need help on is the light green (parking brake) where is our ex parking brake switch located at? and what color is the positive side so i also know what color i should spice my green lead with.

the last lead i need help on is the violet/white (reverse gear signal input). I know it goes to the backup light lead but what color is the lead? so i know what to splice my violet lead with.

thanks!

·
Registered
464 Posts
i have couple question on where each lead goes.

First is the blue lead label antenna control. Where does that lead go? i have no idea.
There should be 1 blue wire and 1 Blue/white wire (remote turn on and antenna). the antenna wire can be hooked to the wire coming off the aftermarket antenna adapter. the remote turn on will be tapped into the Pink wire on the OEM/Factory plug (if you are keeping your stock amplifier).

second lead is the pink lead (car speed signal input). in the book it say it goes to the vechical injection computer, i have no idea where that is and even if i find it what color is the lead so i know which one i should spice the pink lead with.
I actually didn't hook up this wire because I didn't have time. Either way, the tachometer readout on the screen will still work without it hooked up.

the third lead i need help on is the light green (parking brake) where is our ex parking brake switch located at? and what color is the positive side so i also know what color i should spice my green lead with.
If you are actually going to hook it up to the parking brake, u have to remove that gearshift bezel and there should be a wire attached to the parking brake. That should be your wire (I'm not sure what color b/c I didn't hook it up. I just went ahead and bypassed it where I could watch movies and operated navigation control anytime).

the last lead i need help on is the violet/white (reverse gear signal input). I know it goes to the backup light lead but what color is the lead? so i know what to splice my violet lead with.
the only reason you need to hook this up is if you plan on adding a backup camera. If you have no intentions, don't waste your time hooking this up.

Those are the wires that I used for our 2007 Civic Si Sedan. I can't guarantee that they are the same wires for your car. I would recommend that you meter or at least fuse each of these wires to prevent any major damage.

·
Registered
562 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
thank tphong for your help.
i have a 4dr ex and it doesnt come with a amp unlike the coupe. So most likely i dont need to connect the blue/white wire into any amp.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts