8th Generation Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1,172 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
That everyone says the CAI makes more power than the SRI due to heatsoak and what not. Which is fair and true. Say you get a SRI and the CF Hood with the two air ducts on each side. It seems to me that the drivers side duct is located in about the same position as the SRI sits...thus feeding air into it...any thoughts on this?

·
Registered
1,172 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
FijiPhil said:
It might help a little bit but the the sri is going to suck in air from all around it like under it and that air will still be warm.
Very true...but say your cruising over 60 mph...thats alot of air forced under the hood....which in turn wouldnt it circulate all throughout the engine bay?

·
Scrodums
9,486 Posts
The heatsoak isn't an issue when you're moving at a rather fast speed i.e. 60 mph. The heat soak is an issue when you're moving from a dead stop, especially in the lower RPMs. Personally, I don't think those CF openings do much. It may lower the temperature, but the results will be minimal on a very hot day, especially when the car is creeping in traffic.

·
Registered
4,950 Posts
Well with the air ducts you'll lose a little speed than a closed hood because you'll increase the drag of the car.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts