8th Generation Honda Civic Forum banner
1 - 20 of 41 Posts

·
Registered
13,332 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I emailed them asking about tuning between AEM F/IC (TSI kit) or E-Manage Ultimate (Greddy kits)...

The problem you run into boosting a 06 Si, is the fly by wire. To get an accurate tune on the car, we would only recommend installing an Electromotive Tec3 on the vehicle.
We do not like the F/IC and def. don't like Greddy E-Manage's. My tuner will not touch either.
The way the Electromotive will work, is a separate wiring harness will be wired into your engine.
The factory computer will still run "fly by wire" and heater controls etc. This is the only option that works with fly by wire cars.

Electromotive(w/ Harness, Crank Trigger, Coils etc.):$3000, the crank trigger will have to be custom made, but not a problem.
So I decided to do a little research on the product, and it seems like a standalone system...

What do you guys think of this?

btw...I'm doing research on going turbo on my Si.

·
Registered
119 Posts
my mechanic told me exactly the same thing yours did. Except for the part about that tech3 stuff. He told me the same thing about the FI/C and Greddy. He said the best bet is to just wait for Hondata to come up with a tuning solution...

·
Registered
8,668 Posts
Wow some of these guys writing the replies need to learn what is up before they post suggestions.

It sounds like a standalone, thats a very resonable price for what you'll be getting. Sounds also like they know what they are doing. Before you go down that road you should make sure this Tec3 thing can control VTC and VTEC engagement. Also I don't know what the smog laws are like in VA, but if they have a smog check where they hook a scanner to your OBDII port hopefully this Tec3 thing will have spoof signals so you can pass. You might want to look into getting the RSX style Kpro w/ throttle cable if your willing to spend that much on manangement and all the above issues are handled.

Your other option is F/IC or EMU and a tuner willing to tune them. that shop sounds like a legit but costly one.

·
Registered
2,041 Posts
find somebody that tunes what u want. dont switch to a different tuning solution when they dont even know its drive by wire not fly
you shouldn't be a jerk when you really don't know what you're talking about. i would imagine the place OP called is a fairly reputable shop, cause what they are going to do is actually run tandem ecus, which isn't not an easy thing or everyone on here would know about it and be doing it. i seem to remember someone doing this with Kpro, but don't quote me. it's apparently the only way to run a standalone on these cars while mantaining AC idle up and all the dash and other convenience ****.

if your a anal grammar nazi yes, if you wrench on your cars for a hot minute no.
hahah

·
Registered
13,332 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Wow some of these guys writing the replies need to learn what is up before they post suggestions.

It sounds like a standalone, thats a very resonable price for what you'll be getting. Sounds also like they know what they are doing. Before you go down that road you should make sure this Tec3 thing can control VTC and VTEC engagement. Also I don't know what the smog laws are like in VA, but if they have a smog check where they hook a scanner to your OBDII port hopefully this Tec3 thing will have spoof signals so you can pass. You might want to look into getting the RSX style Kpro w/ throttle cable if your willing to spend that much on manangement and all the above issues are handled.

Your other option is F/IC or EMU and a tuner willing to tune them. that shop sounds like a legit but costly one.

Thank you, I was starting to feel like a complete idiot after even considering this. On the website (TEC³ - by Electromotive) this is what the product can do:

Standard features built in to the TEC³:
PC programmable and configurable for 1, 2, 3, 4, 6, 8, cyl. engines and Rotories with a 12 cyl.and 6 cyl dual plug option
Operate in Open or Closed loop
Run True Sequential, Phased Sequential or Simultaneous Injection with individual cylinder trim
Configurable for TBI, MPI, TPI and individual throttle bodies
Additional Injector Output Drivers built-in.. Run Low or High impedance injectors
Full 150 mJ of Spark Energy directly to the plugs without misfire
New Dual Rev Limiters with ‘Triple Smooth Technology’.. 1st step retards timing to a negative -12º degrees.. 2nd step cuts coil current in half.. 3rd step coil current and fuel are cut-off.. all three steps occurring within milliseconds!
Waste Gate (Boost Control), Nitrous Control with up to 4 stage retard available
Four Programmable GPO’s (General Purpose Outputs) to control or activate VTEC, Shift Lights, Water Pumps and Fans, A/C Compressor, Torque Converter and more.
New Programmable Adjustable Electronic Tachometer Output
Uses primarily GM type sensors
Diagnostic monitoring with codes issued through Check Engine Light
Easy to install bolt-on Trigger Wheel and Mag Sensor Kits available for many applications
Made in the USA

New On-Board Data Acquistion
Adjustable Sample Rates up to 100 samples per second Simultaneously record data from up to 25 inputs including: Air/fuel Ratios, Injector Duty Cycle and Pulse Width, RPM and Throttle Position, Gear Position, MPH, Boost (manifold pressure) and much more!
Additional configurable Digital and Analog Input Channels View Multiple Data Graphs side by side or Graphs may be overlayed for comparison Graphic Screen Displays may be Printed and
Data may also be exported to a Spreadsheet program for further analysis Data Logging can be started and stopped manually using a switch, or the system can be configured to automatically start and stop via values pre-set by the use
Sounds very interesting to me, I just wish it was $4000 (thats including install)

But after that, I could piece together an AJP type turbo kit and have a beast of an Si.

·
Registered
3,654 Posts
you shouldn't be a jerk when you really don't know what you're talking about. i would imagine the place OP called is a fairly reputable shop, cause what they are going to do is actually run tandem ecus, which isn't not an easy thing or everyone on here would know about it and be doing it. i seem to remember someone doing this with Kpro, but don't quote me. it's apparently the only way to run a standalone on these cars while mantaining AC idle up and all the dash and other convenience ****.

hahah
im not being a jerk. it came off as he wanted to use f/ic or emanage. so if thats what he wants, he should go wit it

·
Registered
1,472 Posts
wow dude emanage is actually a good management but just hard to get a good tuner for it, if i were u i would search maybe post in your local thread and ask. also i dont know what FLY by wire is i know what drive by wire or DBW. go to a different shop get a different opinion

·
Registered
13,332 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
wow dude emanage is actually a good management but just hard to get a good tuner for it, if i were u i would search maybe post in your local thread and ask. also i dont know what FLY by wire is i know what drive by wire or DBW. go to a different shop get a different opinion
Yeah, I've posted a thread on my local driving forum and started asking around to different shops, definitely preparing the best I can.

1 - 20 of 41 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.