8th Generation Honda Civic Forum banner
1 - 20 of 65 Posts

·
Registered
42,510 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Was behind a '06 Civic while I was leaving the gas station. Guy went too far into the street as a car was coming, so he backed up without looking behind and I was lucky enough to be there, so he hit me. The impact wasn't too hard, went out checked it out and the plate and plate holder were bent, but everything else seemed fine. It seems he took most of the damage since his rear bumper was scratched. He was gonna give me $30 for the plate, but I told him to give me his information, and I would get home check the damage and I would call him.

So I get home and as I'm ready to take the bumper off, I noticed my intercooler was tilted. So I started to get worried, took the bumper off...and well, damage seems pretty noticeable.

Now my question is, do I need a new intercooler?

I checked for leaks and so far I didn't find anything leaking, car was running fine, but I'm worried that it might not last long.

For those of you who have Turbo knowledge, can I use the car for a couple days until the shop has all the necessary parts if I need a new intercooler? Will I be safe as long as I stay out of boost?

·
Registered
2,125 Posts
doood that suckks. You should make him pay for the new intercooler.
Hope everything goes your way, as it should.

Hey off topic, but do you know josh he moved down to sc and said he helped you with
your turbo.

·
Registered
19,488 Posts
Damn! :sadwavy:

·
Registered
42,510 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
doood that suckks. You should make him pay for the new intercooler.
Hope everything goes your way, as it should.

Hey off topic, but do you know josh he moved down to sc and said he helped you with
your turbo.
Yeah, I'm going to a shop tomorrow so they can analyze the damage, but he's going to be paying for either a new intercooler and parts or whatever it costs to get it fixed.

As far as Josh, I don't think so. Is he on the site?

·
Registered
2,125 Posts
Yeah, I'm going to a shop tomorrow so they can analyze the damage, but he's going to be paying for either a new intercooler and parts or whatever it costs to get it fixed.

As far as Josh, I don't think so. Is he on the site?
Does he know your turbo'd?
And his sn is 07Blue Sedan he said he knew you when i met him at the meet here locally.

·
Registered
42,510 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Does he know your turbo'd?
And his sn is 07Blue Sedan he said he knew you when i met him at the meet here locally.
YES! I know Josh, but he didn't help me with the turbo, we just went to a meet around the area a few weeks after I finished the install. He's very cool, I didn't know he moved. How's he doing?

·
Registered
42,510 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Is he insured? are you insured? (for the turbo) This can turn ugly. GL tho.
I got all the information down, he came to inspect the damage and pretty much all is straightened out. He said to get a quote from a shop and let him know, he will pay me cash.

He's also in one of my classes, so I guess that helps.

I don't want to go through insurance, and neither does he. I have a written statement from him saying how it all happened, I got 3 witnesses that saw everything just in case he tries to play games.

·
Banned
4,080 Posts
Sweet as. Sounds like it's all good.

Yeah insurance can be a total bastard.. especially how they keep records and you have a rep and all...

Does your insurance know you have turbo?

·
Registered
42,510 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
So if anyone has any advice, please let me know

Otherwise, first thing in the morning I'm taking the car to the shop and getting an inspection and see what is wrong and what needs to be fixed.

·
Registered
7,214 Posts
Intercoolers are over rated, just take it out and fill the gap with a pipe...its all good.

j.k man sorry that happened...Atleast he is paying for it all and not trying to weasel his way out. I had 2 shopping carts hit my car yesterday one after another...most of the scratches buffed out though thanks to my friend who has a shop.

1 - 20 of 65 Posts