8th Generation Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 20 of 69 Posts

·
Registered
574 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I bought my FA5 in June and never really checked the tire pressure but when I did it was at like 27lbs @ each tire. so i put it at 40lbs @ each and it hardly spueals and handles much better.

yea!:dancing:

·
Registered
13,283 Posts
27 lbs isn't really that low, and 40 lbs is too high. Its to warm in SD to run those pressures. 32/34 f/r is what i like.

·
Registered
354 Posts
I run 36-38 on the michliens and it sceems to be best in the autocross for me...... on my BFG comp TA R1s I run 40 and 38

·
Registered
5,818 Posts
.. 40 psi? holy ****.. when your tires get warm you're gonna be in troubleee

·
Registered
6,717 Posts
I am down to 34/36

·
Registered
4,950 Posts
I usually fill mine up almost to 40 mostly 38 though for more MPG. And no your tires are not gonna blow. Honda recommends 32psi for a overall good rate. Just don't go over the max psi. It should be labeled on the tire.

·
Registered
128 Posts
Autocross pressures I run 45 up front and 25 in back on 615's. Seems to help the car rotate better. Street I run manufactures suggested or a pound higher.

·
Registered
850 Posts
Did you recieve an owners manual? There's a sticker that list your tire pressure on the pillar when you open your door. Check em out.

·
Registered
693 Posts
Check your tire pressure regularly - I went without checking mine for a couple months and was down to about 19 in the front right. The car was pulling and handling like crap - I thought there was something wrong with the car. I try to remember to check it at least once every few weeks now.

BlairSpeed - 32 lbs/ft all around...

1 - 20 of 69 Posts