8th Generation Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
A car right.... and well we just got all my window scratches, etc all that fixed but a while before that i backed into some beat up old car. yeah nothing happened to his car, but mine? my brand new 2010 Alice? oh she told me its gonna be me in the kitchen making HER some yummy oil- lemonade from now on. So part of my bumper came off when this happened, but i snapped it back on just fine but heres the damage... ugh, how would I go about fixing it? dealership said they preolly won fix it, so now its up to me. I need to learn about taking care of my baby myself anyways so here ya'll go:
(btw the top pic is just the big scratch and stuff and the last 2 are the 2 sides of my bumper, the one side that its kinda poppin out, and the side thats just fine)

Attachments

·
Registered
394 Posts
does the scratch feel even? or is it deep like a chip and thats the primer? for me when i hit a car backing up most of it was just colored like that but it was the paint from the other car that attached to mines. it looked like big scratch but when i rubbed it down with meguiars rubbing compound and scratch remover 99 percent of it came off. give it a try its gonna take like 20 applications and 30 -50 mins?

it wont make your car look perfect but might get out all the black stuff and you'll proabilty be left with some hair line cracks that are not noticable unless you get really really close.

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Ah well the scratch if ya feel it actuall has some texture to it, Im pretty sure its since my paint came off sine I feel the glossy paint and when I go to the scratch are it feels like a hair or two deeper. Im not sure what to call it though exactly lol, paint chipping, scratch, trading paint... so many words lol. but I may just go somewhere and buy touch up paint or something. Never done this before so I dunno what I'll need to buy really

·
Registered
215 Posts
same thing happened to me yesterday morning i backed up in the drivers rear corner of a 03 4 door civic with my rear drivers corner i had 3 big scratches
when i got home i made some touch ups and today i went to a carwash that do waxing

the guy make it almost perfect with the buffer

40$

btw the other civic has a cracked bumper and it poped out
should have taken some pics

·
Scrodums
9,486 Posts
It's hard to tell from the pictures... are the scratches in the first picture paint from the car that was hit or are those the bare scratches? It looks as if it's just the scratches and it's gotten right down to the primer of the bumper. You won't be able to buff out scratches that have ripped through the primer. That's only possible when the scratches are on the clear coat. Most body shops will tell you that stripping the bumper and repainting it is the only option because it will be almost impossible to touch up the bumper to match the existing paint. However, I have come across some local body shops that are quite skilled and able to cover it up which is great because it saves you a lot of money and overall you get to keep the same paint colour that matches the rest of the car.

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Yeah Im pretty sure it is down to the primer, and lol em man these new civics sure are made of magic, i mean i was surpised the wasnt even a dent or anything. the sound my car made when it hit the other one.... i almost damn near screamed lol. But I probably will have to find a local body shop. only problem is how do I find one lol.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts