8th Generation Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 20 of 127 Posts

·
Registered
3,234 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
reviews, thoughts, dyno, ect...

I dont trust that X guy he never gets back to me =P... seriously though looking for some reasonable and non-exaggerated feedback.

·
Registered
3,234 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
not saying dyno's are lol i wasnt cutting on X... but i didnt wanna here... its a whole different car now, feels like it pulls sooo hard ect.... wasnt cutting anyone lol... just want some reviews

·
CHOO-CHOO!!!!!!
14,929 Posts
:popcorn:

·
CHOO-CHOO!!!!!!
14,929 Posts

·
Registered
1,788 Posts
i got the highflow MAF sensor housing for 65$ and i know of a site that sells the apexi filter for 75$ w/shipping. Ordered it tuesday still waiting for it ill post after the install.

·
Registered
5,153 Posts
it's a lot of work to mod the maf housing... try to manage doing that with your personal life + real job... and time is money!

trust me, i know!

·
Registered
1,170 Posts
MITeggy17 said:
Damn 300 bucks, good money for him lol.
Not as much as you think.

28 for lid of maf
36 for crv tube
70 for apexi filter
then whatever it costs for all the additional hardware
Shipping

so 140 just on parts, prob another 20 on shipping, 20 on random couplers, mounting brackets etc.

so he makes what 100 or so for 3 hours of maf modding and doing the legwork for people. Not a bad deal imo.

·
Registered
140 Posts
I just got and installed my x intake today!

I just started to work on my post with pictures and i want to get a vid up. But the money is WELL spent. The dyno sheets and vids he posted are true, the car pulls through the power band, the sound is amazing especially in v-tec. The car also gained that stomp power, like if you left it in second and left it around 3grand and then stomped it you can def feel the difference over stock. Be on the look out for my post in the next day or two. :thumb: :vtec:

·
Banned
1,422 Posts
xxbodkinxx said:
Not as much as you think.

28 for lid of maf
36 for crv tube
70 for Apexi filter
then whatever it costs for all the additional hardware
Shipping

so 140 just on parts, prob another 20 on shipping, 20 on random couplers, mounting brackets etc.

so he makes what 100 or so for 3 hours of maf modding and doing the legwork for people. Not a bad deal imo.
Do you think it's fair for him to recover expenses for dyno time? How about hidden costs, perhaps he broke something along the way.

On a side note, I find it so funny how so many Honda enthusiast's misspell VTEC and add hyphens like "v-tec."

1 - 20 of 127 Posts