8th Generation Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 20 of 40 Posts

·
Registered
4,610 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
When I get my S/C, I'm allowing my local speed shop install my supercharger.

They want my car baaad because they have close ties to a very popular world-wide Honda tuning magazine (can't say who until this is finalized) so I made a deal.

They must do a dyno before, and after, charge me only 6 hours flat rate ($80 p/h CDN) (even if it takes 8-9), and I get to be put in this magazine. I'll be the first in my area for sure with a Comptech S/C'd Si.

Demands! It's like I'm taking them hostage.
ahah

Good deal?

·
Registered
4,610 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Thanks, a lot of people compliment me on my ass!
It's a lot of talk, because it is a LOT of money!!

If the dollar was on par with theirs, I would have done it already, I'm watching www.xe.com every day, and it's hovering between 94c and 95c. Never above. I mean, sure beats 2001 when it was 65c, that $3500 US would have meant $6300+.

SO, WTF...

hahaha. My self replies, yes I'm a weird one.

So, back on topic with this speed shop, they do good work and I trust them (plus went to school with the owner etc), so what I'm scared of is the duty fees on the supercharger. What are they going to charge me? 14% on $3595? Holy crap, didn't realize that, anyone know ??????? That's $500 if that is what happens.

But, I believe if the item I'm buying is manufactured/made in either the USA or Mexico, Canadians do not pay custom / duty fees. Vice versa for you.

Darryl

·
Registered
2,332 Posts
It's a very good deal, yes. Make sure your shop is very experienced installing F/I on K20's not just hondas because the K20 is not like slapping teh turbs on a b16. I have always had the opinion to pay a little more for quality or at least reputation and experience.

·
Registered
4,610 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
They do have quite a lot of experience on the K series, but not really a K20Z3. I will be doing this on my day off, and rest assured be omniscient of the installation process :D (although my mechanical abilities ranks up there with an untrained monkey)

·
Still dropping trout
16,213 Posts
You know, you really need to slap on an 8thcivic decal before you go for your shoot.. I'm just saying.

·
Premium Member
10,506 Posts
si_civic said:
Thanks, a lot of people compliment me on my ass!
It's a lot of talk, because it is a LOT of money!!

If the dollar was on par with theirs, I would have done it already, I'm watching www.xe.com every day, and it's hovering between 94c and 95c. Never above. I mean, sure beats 2001 when it was 65c, that $3500 US would have meant $6300+.

SO, WTF...

hahaha. My self replies, yes I'm a weird one.

So, back on topic with this speed shop, they do good work and I trust them (plus went to school with the owner etc), so what I'm scared of is the duty fees on the supercharger. What are they going to charge me? 14% on $3595? Holy crap, didn't realize that, anyone know ??????? That's $500 if that is what happens.

But, I believe if the item I'm buying is manufactured/made in either the USA or Mexico, Canadians do not pay custom / duty fees. Vice versa for you.

Darryl
NAFTA FTW

·
Registered
440 Posts
Comptech??? I thought you were waiting on the Redshift SC? If it is a timing issue I certainly understand that since the Comptech is currently available. If you really want to be the first in your area with an exclusive SC then wait for the Redshift. I like Comptech don't get me wrong, but...twin screw > roots.

1 - 20 of 40 Posts