8th Generation Honda Civic Forum banner
  • Hello Everyone! Let us know what you would spend a $50 Amazon gift card on, HERE For a chance to win a $50 Amazon Gift Card!
1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
3,189 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Yea, We buy lots of cars from auctions and stuff, So yesterday I open a trunk and found 2 JBL woofers, in a fiber glass case thing. Heavy as hell. I am going to bestbuy tonight to get them tested. If so, then all I need is an amp to power these babies and my type'r. I will be still running off the LX stereo. Is that good? or should I get the EX stereo. I don't want to replace the head unit due to the area I live in.

·
Registered
681 Posts
Yea, We buy lots of cars from auctions and stuff, So yesterday I open a trunk and found 2 JBL woofers, in a fiber glass case thing. Heavy as hell. I am going to bestbuy tonight to get them tested. If so, then all I need is an amp to power these babies and my type'r. I will be still running off the LX stereo. Is that good? or should I get the EX stereo. I don't want to replace the head unit due to the area I live in.
no

JL Audio CL441dsp - CleanSweep OEM Audio Interface • 32 Bit SHARC DSP Processor • Automatically Equalizes Each Channel Independantly • Remote Level Control / Aux Input Selector • AUX Input • 2 Pair RCA Outputs - , Sound Processors, Other Sound Proces

·
Premium Member
757 Posts
:yeahthat:like the guy above me is reffering you to, you need a processor if not you'll just get sh*ty sound and youll lose your voice, dont forget some compasiters(spelling?) if you dont wanna kill your battery. :dancing:

·
Registered
214 Posts
yeah, if your don't have aftermarket speakers and 4 channel amp, you might run into some trouble because once you crank it up, the speakers stop and the bass keeps going. i finally got my system done two days ago. i don't have an aftermarket head unit or a processor.i have factory navi. as long as you amp up your speaker, and get a good sub amp, you should be fine. no processors needed.

1 - 20 of 26 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.