8th Generation Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 20 of 72 Posts

·
Registered
198 Posts
I say wait until Full Race makes their kit for our cars and then get it rather than GReddy or AJP. I haven't heard much about them developing a kit lately though.

·
Premium Member
3,531 Posts
The Greddy kits are currently the cheapest in "price" on the market and I highly recommend this kit to anyone that wants to stay under 300whp.

·
Registered
16,555 Posts
If you want an aggressive kit for power and reliability AJP is the way to go.
If you dont want power don't go with AJP.
If you think you might want power later on, this thread shows that it will cost you a lot more money and time if you go with Greddy and then upgrade later on than if you had started with an AJP kit: http://www.8thcivic.com/forums/showthread.php?t=65659
Who buys a turbo kit and not looking for power? haha, a show car? lame.

Go with AJP. You wont be disapointed.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks. I have the time and the money and resources for either kit and i am a horse power junky so im pretty sure ill go with your decision on the ajp

·
Banned
3,565 Posts
If you have the time and money, then I would suggest just waiting. Once a good EMS comes out, then I'm sure that you will see more turbo options.

·
Registered
3,234 Posts
^Fcuking hondata delaying our options, i second that though if you have the money just wait... its all a matter of time. Also i find it funny how when like 2-3 ppl agree in a thread usually the OP decides whats best for him based on what others opinions are. AJP put down 411whp on some1's car, but how long will that last and how is that 1st gear wheel spinning fever?

·
Premium Member
3,531 Posts
If you have the time and don't mind waiting. I'm currently working with a local shop in MD to develop a turbo kit and tuning solution. The kit is based upon the shop current kit that are developed for IS300's. Just a FYI.

·
Banned
3,565 Posts
If you have the time and don't mind waiting. I'm currently working with a local shop in MD to develop a turbo kit and tuning solution. The kit is based upon the shop current kit that are developed for IS300's. Just a FYI.
Good to hear...What is the HP goal for the car?

·
Premium Member
3,531 Posts
The shop wants to develop a kit that is safe for stock engines so decisions are pending on turbo size. The main objective is designing a kit that can be tuned for stock internals. I will post updates when more details when avialable.

·
Registered
35,845 Posts
o rly?

id like to know the details of this, keep me posted. make sure let the other mid atlantic peeps know too :thumb:

·
Banned
1,722 Posts
you forgot to mention ajp for made up screen names and fake rep. kthnx.
you forgot you have 19 posts and no rep and also no grounds to speak on AJP. so go learn something on your own and quit going by what crap you read on the internet.

·
Banned
1,722 Posts
I say wait until Full Race makes their kit for our cars and then get it rather than GReddy or AJP. I haven't heard much about them developing a kit lately though.
You can piece together a full-race kit right now and use the AEM F/IC to tune it. They never do any testing or tuning of their kits. they make a manifold that fits your car and then mocks up the IC piping. They put it all together for you to make your kit with. They won't offer any tuning they never have. SO really all you are waiting for is a manifold and some piping.

1 - 20 of 72 Posts