8th Generation Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Wegue Wegue
12,785 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well, after 20+ Hrs of Live television broadcasting, I get out to start the Civic... and here is what I saw...

My baby encased in 3mm of ice, totally incased.. mmmmm... kinda sexy, but crap to drive in.

Gotta love Canadian weather! (yes I forgot to put my wipers up... but, m'eh, the windshield heats up fast enough)

·
Registered
1,937 Posts
aha last night was the same for me. i was too cold after scraping the huge windshield that i left the mirrors and rear window. man that was a lot of ice!

·
Registered
230 Posts
Yeah my car look like that this moring and it covered in more ice when i pulled over for a elderly lady that put her car in a dicth early this morning on the 401... 8 cars passed her and i was the only one...She was ok but just shaken up.....

·
Wegue Wegue
12,785 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
how was the drive home???
Saturday Night (the big snow storm) the drive home was 38km/hr for over half the drive. It was slippery and a tonne of snow!

Sunday, wasnt' that bad, even though the ice / rain / snow / high winds made it difficult, the roads were mainly just slush, as long as you stayed on the left (or left lane) whenever possible, it was a good drive.

Saturday night, 26km took almost an hour, Sunday, it was almost normal, about 30mins.

Still a little scrfay seeing 4x4's skating through intersections, and I didn't ... weird...

·
Registered
6,717 Posts
When I was in High school this happend to my 88 Accord, I could not get the doors to open at all. Had to run an extension cord and a use a hair dryer.

I like it when people explain to Me that they can drive as fast as they normally do by putting it in 4WD, as if this somehow makes miracles out of their brakes when the tires aren't gripping.

·
Wegue Wegue
12,785 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Yeah my car look like that this moring and it covered in more ice when i pulled over for a elderly lady that put her car in a dicth early this morning on the 401... 8 cars passed her and i was the only one...She was ok but just shaken up.....
On Sunday on the way to work, there was a SUV flipped on it's side on the embankment... scary stuff, a lot of cars were pulling over to Help. Crazy.

·
Wegue Wegue
12,785 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
When I was in High school this happend to my 88 Accord, I could not get the doors to open at all. Had to run an extension cord and a use a hair dryer.
Nice! yeah, the ice stayed when I opened the door, and when I got home, still had the 'Ice Sheild', thought, hmmm. what if I clear coated it... a few times, make a protective shell for the paint... hmmmm...

·
Registered
2,542 Posts
Nice! yeah, the ice stayed when I opened the door, and when I got home, still had the 'Ice Sheild', thought, hmmm. what if I clear coated it... a few times, make a protective shell for the paint... hmmmm...
i need that layer of ice over my hood even in the summer, honda paint is so damn cheap i have 489574938573489 stone chips already! :eek:mg:

·
Registered
253 Posts
driving home from peterborough last night was ridiculous, the 115 was pounded by freezing rain. My windsheild froze up so fast when it first hit me ... then i had to crank up the defroster to max for till i got to the 401. Im so glad i bought me some winter tires!

·
Premium Member
18,457 Posts
Oooo.. between 20 - 30 cm of snow expected Today... yeah! *shakes head*

And did I choose to live here? *grins*

woohoo for lake effect in TO! We had the snow piled up Sunday morning, starting Sat night around 11pm. Then the rain came in the afternoon. I was driving around the in evening - hard to see but manageable.

Cool pics!

·
Registered
4,458 Posts
snowin like crazy down here London/ Windsor too

i escaped the snow saturday night sunday morning in london to get crazy rain in Windsor

now it's a blizzard back in London

·
Registered
4,584 Posts
:eek:mg: Thats crazy Adrian!!!

@ least none of you guys were up in the Sault over the weekend where they got 75cm of snow over 4 days. F#$%ing nutz!!! :SHOCKED:

·
Wegue Wegue
12,785 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
:eek:mg: Thats crazy Adrian!!!

@ least none of you guys were up in the Sault over the weekend where they got 75cm of snow over 4 days. F#$%ing nutz!!! :SHOCKED:
AWESOME!

I would have loved that.. no, not really, if I had shoes or boots I would have loved that!

That's nuckin you know what... wow! InSaNe!

:SHOCKED:

·
Registered
3,119 Posts
Good thing I didn't go out anywhere this weekend. My car was parked in the garage all the time.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts