8th Generation Honda Civic Forum banner
1 - 20 of 62 Posts

·
Registered
2,688 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
There is actually more snow now then when I took these pics this afternoon. I've shovelled 3 times and it still looks the same. I just got winter tires for the RR too. Living in new survey sucks. The roads still haven't been plowed. Oh well, I guess I'll be taking the day off work tomorrow.

·
Wegue Wegue
12,790 Posts
Plows went by 8:30am , not since, even yonge isn't plowed, lazy asses in Newmarket.

In the States, the roads were Salted, plowed and being plowed all during the Thursday night storm. There was some sort of plow almost every few miles , a parade of them, clearing the roads. the Snow dwindled by 8pm, and by 9pm all the Roads around where I was were black, plowed, salted and all the side roads were being done, very efficient!

·
Premium Member
142,110 Posts
jeez you guys.. that's nothing

yes.. I'm totally genuine when I say it's all about the BBQ.

The backyard.. note the amount of snow sitting on top of the pool, that hasn't been blown over, not to mention the snow on the ground right beside the pool.

the depth of snow I had to go through to get to the BBQ.

Note the height of the stop sign (below the streetlight) then the snowbank beside it. That lot has NOT been cleared yet, so that was just from before.

Sounds like you guys in southern Ontario lucked out for snowfall (if you dislike snow, that is).. I love it so I'm more than happy we got as much as we did.

·
Registered
810 Posts
There is actually more snow now then when I took these pics this afternoon. I've shovelled 3 times and it still looks the same. I just got winter tires for the RR too. Living in new survey sucks. The roads still haven't been plowed. Oh well, I guess I'll be taking the day off work tomorrow.

The sick thing is, I sort of would like more snow like that by me. I just bought a spanking new snow thrower. If you don't have to drive anywhere it's kind of cool.

BTW there's a rat next to your RR...jk. :biggrin:

·
Registered
3,195 Posts
I had to shovel a make-shift path for my dog to be able to go outside and "do her business" in the backyard.
She's a black lab, so not so little and with accumulation + blowing snow, it's up to her belly... She loves it though, as do I :thumb:

·
Premium Member
13,470 Posts
Reactions: wing_gundam

·
Registered
5,220 Posts
the good part:

up until saturday morning i still had my all seasons on. i worked a 13 hour shift at work and got home saturday morning and i was so wired that i decided not to pay some place to do the wheel swap and did it myself, in the cold, after that i went to sleep. then i woke up in the evening and the snow had started falling, lucky me.

the bad part:

i hopped the curb in a parking lot because it was not plowed whatsoever. so i couldnt tell if i turned in too much. then i got home afterwards and realized my rear right splash guard was falling off. i thought it just pulled off from the holes and could re-attach it...nope. the splash guard tore off part of the corner wheel well and is now hanging off 1 bolt from the inside. so now i need a new bumper because that isnt something that can be fixed.

·
Registered
4,587 Posts
That sux KC :(

I had much the same sort of switching tires scenario as you...

Got home from St. John's Friday night, Saturday when I woke up (early afternoon) went out to change my tires in the garage and then headed out in the evening for my company Christmas party.

·
They Call me Kobe!
11,510 Posts
LOL i tried to go to pacific mall today and i knda got stuck going into the parking lot for a while. and there was soo much snow yesterday.. good thing i didnt go out. shovelled like 2 times and i cant even see my neighbours and stuff cause of all the snow.

·
Premium Member
13,470 Posts
i wouldnt touch the bumper if i was you, just tare it off the other side so no one will notice.. and if some one says that your missing a splash guard just tell them your stripping the car for waight and the stickers are in the mail... :D

1 - 20 of 62 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.