121 - 133 of 133 Posts

·
Premium Member
41,908 Posts
My car stayed parked in her warm garage, not leaving house the until tomorrow

·
Premium Member
41,908 Posts
Got to play in my work parking lot this morning, we never plow the driveways and I was surprised to see snow still there so Jack and I ripped it up for a bit.

·
Registered
3,148 Posts
Weather & help dependent I'm planning to put my rims on for the revscene meet. Stupid wrist is screwed up again :( I needed new rubber on my stockies anyways so no wasted $$ on winters for me!

·
Registered
10 Posts
I'm in a market for snow tires right now, looking at discounttire and it seems that price is dropping if winter tire is higher. I want to put snow tires on my stock rims. So it is going to be 215/XX/17. Anyone can advice me how high i can go? 215/45/17 there are not many choices, i was thinking 215/50/17 ... But i can get Michelin Xi3 for decent price if i go 215/55/17. Is this a good idea on 08 stock Si?

·
Registered
53 Posts
I'm in a market for snow tires right now, looking at discounttire and it seems that price is dropping if winter tire is higher. I want to put snow tires on my stock rims. So it is going to be 215/XX/17. Anyone can advice me how high i can go? 215/45/17 there are not many choices, i was thinking 215/50/17 ... But i can get Michelin Xi3 for decent price if i go 215/55/17. Is this a good idea on 08 stock Si?
General rule on forums, don't bring up old posts. Just letting you know.

Buuuut on the other hand i'll give you a little help.
Use this
HTML:
http://www.8thcivic.com/forums/wheel-tire-upgrades/138285-ultimate-wheel-tire-info.html
and i'll even put this into this tire offset calculator
HTML:
http://www.rimsntires.com/specs.jsp
According to this if you use 215/55/17 tires on your stock si rims only difference is it'll fill out the wheel well 21mm more, so take your handy dandy ruler and check if you have more than 2.1 cm's between your tire and your fenders. if so it should fit.
Good Luck!

121 - 133 of 133 Posts