8th Generation Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
5,705 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I know my light output is bad after smoking my headlights, i did add 10k hids to help the light output, but they din't do much.. (I love the way the headlights look, and thats the bad thing)

But today early in the morning on my way to work around 5:20 am it was dark out side, and out of nowhere i see this black dog crossing the road, i din't see the dog until he was really close to my front bumper, i almost hit him...( Its been raining here since monday so i guess that dosn't help eather)

So i came to the conclusion of taking the smoke overlays of my headlights as much as i hate to do it, and i don't just want to have regular headlights with HIDs on them, so what am going to do is save up and get a retro done, they are expensive but atleast i will be able to see at night and they will look nice..

·
Registered
11,919 Posts
Get 6000k like you were supposed to, as you will see more. :thumb:

But yes, smoked headlights which lower visible output and blue/violet HIDs (because you cannot see that high in the spectrum) do not equal visibility. Also, if it was raining, the only real way to get more visibility is a YELLOWER light.

Glad you're getting a retro though. More and more to the (b)right side of automotive lighting!

·
Premium Member
13,469 Posts
3000k all the way then, go for a ralley look, 3000k headlights and foglights, I'd like to see that.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts