8th Generation Honda Civic Forum banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
3,044 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So don't flame me for not using the search tool but does anyone have a problem when they are driving their civic hard and are in Vtec for a while when they slow down and go back to driving normally they get a very bad smell come into the car? It gets me really dizzy when I smell it. Anyone experience the same problem?

·
Banned
2,243 Posts
The answer to this question is very simple... During normal "sissy" driving if you will, a lot of gunk and stuff builds up in the IM, on the valves, the fuel injectors, Cat converter, etc. When you give the engine high RPM and bigger load then normal and that **** gets sucked inside the combustion chamber and gets burned causing the smell you speak of. I get this same smell when driving my R18 which usually gets driven granny style by my family members. When I get in the car and redline it for the first time in weeks I get the "smelly smell" and as soon as it came, its gone. I can redline the car all day after that and not have any smell.

·
Registered
3,044 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Deff not my clutch and my car was not cold. I'll keep an eye on it. I drive my car hard all the time. I rarely drive granny style. Hopefully your right infiniti 4 life. Next time I drive my car I'll bring a mask lol.

·
Registered
492 Posts
Even with carbon buildup which you clear out by redlining, it should'nt smell and definately not bad enough to make you dizzy. I would take it in to get checked out. If it's making you dizzy it could be carbon dioxide, and yes its odorless but if your cat is f'd it would smell like sulfer.

GL

·
Registered
266 Posts
Define "Bad Smell"
It could be a lot of things.

Making you dizzy? I'm sure it's all in your head. If not, then the car is a death trap and should be condemned. Seriously DON"T drive it if it makes you dizzy.

Just to clarify, have you smelled burning clutch before? (Not give you a lesson you don't need but...)
It smells like wires burning due to an overload. (if you have ever smelled that)

If you have abused the clutch in the past 2 weeks at any one time, the smell will linger and be most prominent at lower speeds and backing up.

Good luck

Mike Oxbig

·
Registered
84 Posts
So don't flame me for not using the search tool but does anyone have a problem when they are driving their civic hard and are in Vtec for a while when they slow down and go back to driving normally they get a very bad smell come into the car? It gets me really dizzy when I smell it. Anyone experience the same problem?
maybe you farted without noticing!!!!(O_<):clapping::clapping::clapping::clapping::clapping:

1 - 20 of 20 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.