8th Generation Honda Civic Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Banned
624 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have some small marks on the front of my hood, and they were there when I bought the car. Does anyone know a method to clean these?

I have no idea what they are, where they came from.

Possible rock chips. idk

·
Registered
4 Posts
Had the same problem with my 06 NHBP. Went back to the dealership, they were horrified. They repainted the hood since that was the only area affected. The marks look like tiny chevrons ^ and I believe that they were the clear coat cracking. On black they really show up well.

·
Banned
624 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Had the same problem with my 06 NHBP. Went back to the dealership, they were horrified. They repainted the hood since that was the only area affected. The marks look like tiny chevrons ^ and I believe that they were the clear coat cracking. On black they really show up well.
My car is still on a bumper to bumper warranty, so I took it in and a guy said that the paint isn't covered under a warranty.

Here is a pic:

·
Registered
10 Posts
those look like rock chips, kind of blurry. lightly drag your nail across the surface where those are. if it catches where those marks, either means cracking or some kind of scratching

·
Registered
4 Posts
Could they be etching from acid rain? Water drops that don't get cleaned and are left to air dry on a sunny day can leave an outline of the drop.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts