8th Generation Honda Civic Forum banner
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Banned
759 Posts
Good read. I really wanted the Caliber SRT-4 but it died on the test drive. The Cobalt SS turbo wasn't available yet. The MS3 had summer only tires on it(not good up here) I ended up getting an SI sedan in red. I love the car.

·
Registered
5,111 Posts
I am absolutely sick and tired of reading motortrends comparisons that include the GTI every f%#@ time they give the win to GTI on "interior styling" alone.

It gets freaking ROCKED in every catagory but its interior and is THOUSANDS more than any car on the list.

Yet every time "we love the suade look every year it never changes" blah blah blah blah blah its not a comparison test if your going to win by 1 styling point.

it has 50 negatives 1 positive....woodedoo. :readtherules:

·
Registered
5,127 Posts
while i don't care for the gti mainly b/c of the bad experience with my wife's jetta and b/c i don't find it the least bit attractive....i think the gti is supposed to be a really well put together car with a good balance of speed/class..

i think the si is a great car with an even better balance of speed/class especially for the price

from what i've read in most mags the SS even tho it's one serious performer lacks the sporty look and classy interior...i don't know what the mags expect from a car that costs less than $25k...but that's just me

·
Registered
8,756 Posts
I agree on SS not winning first. The Cobalt interior is horrendous, esp when compared to the GTI or Si.While it may be mechanically superior, I cannot fatham staring at that dash every day.

I'm just puzzled why the Si would beat the GTI back in 2006, yet lose this time around. I blame it on the Si being the sedan.

·
Registered
3,614 Posts
While it may be mechanically superior, I cannot fatham staring at that dash every day.
So don't look at the dash, I don't and I survive just fine everyday and got boat loads of power all the time.

Caliber looks like a mini SUV
That exactly what I said when I first saw it.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.