8th Generation Honda Civic Forum banner
1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
82 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So the last thursday night, some ******* decided to slash my rear passenger tire. Awesome. I guess its semi my fault for leaving my car in my driveway until around midnight before bringing it into the garage. But still, it freaking sucks.

As of right now, im rollin on the donut(incredibly embarrassing) waiting on my mom to have enough time to come out to a tire shop to buy a new tire. $180 for a new michelin exalto :banghead:

All the tires have approx 7k miles on em. Should i just go ahead and just replace the tire or should i go with an entire set of a less expensive tire?
And if so, recommendations for a better, less expensive tire?

·
Registered
2,587 Posts
It should buff out. Atleast he didnt spray paint your car like what happened to that one dude... But forealzies see if you can get a patch put on from the inside, its worth a try and less expensive then a brand new tire.

·
Registered
5,543 Posts
If you live somewhere where if you leave your car in your driveway one night and the tire gets slashed you got bigger problems. That or you pissed someone off n they finally got a chance.

·
Registered
1,678 Posts
It should buff out. Atleast he didnt spray paint your car like what happened to that one dude... But forealzies see if you can get a patch put on from the inside, its worth a try and less expensive then a brand new tire.
tihz d0od iz a jeanyus :readtherules: :eek:mg: :wigglesmiley:

·
Registered
82 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
well i would plug it or patch it, but im afraid that since the hole is on the wall of the tire, structural integrity is compromised. i would really rather not have a blowout on the freeway while im :vtec:

and no, i dont live in the ghetto. i live in a pretty nice area actually. i think i just got some haters on me.

·
Registered
18,914 Posts
Awesome. I guess its semi my fault for leaving my car in my driveway until around midnight before bringing it into the garage. But still, it freaking sucks. ?
really? its your fault our tire is slashed cause you cant park your car in a garage?

what do the people who park in the street deserve? their car lit on fire?

·
Registered
82 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
really? its your fault our tire is slashed cause you cant park your car in a garage?

what do the people who park in the street deserve? their car lit on fire?
good point. trust me though, im angry and all, but im not gonna go out and try to find whoever did it to get revenge or anything. just gonna be chill about it. if i do happen to find out who did it then they will definitely be hearing from the authorities

·
Registered
809 Posts
I had this worry for awhile. Girlfriend lived in a **** ass community. Thankfully we live in city now with underground garage at the apartment. One night my alarm went off at like 230am, 3 days before we moved. I was cursing from the bed till I got outside, and strangely enough, car wasn't even touched. Guess it felt like talking that night. It was weird.

Anyway man, sorry about the tire. I know a kid I went to school with that lived arund the corner from my parents. Kick ass, all done up Acura TL. And didn't someone come in middle of the night and slashed all 4 tires. That was before the winter, and he hasn't driven it since. Still sitting in driveway, with all 4 tires slashed. Car gone to waste I keep saying. Though doesn't surprise me, he the type to piss someone off, and for someone to get back at him. Hell, if he went flying up the street in his dirt bike one more time when my 5 year old is out playing, i might of done it myself. and messed up his bike. Wasn't registered anyway, cops already got to him on it. lol.

·
Registered
5,543 Posts
^^^^ Wow your cool man. I can't believe there are people like you out there that think it's ok to **** up other peoples cars. Scream yell make a scene but to seriously say you would **** up someones car just cuz thy speed down a street. Go talk to him. Teach your kid not to play in the street if your worried.

Is it right for the guy to speed down the street, no. Is it sane to say you will **** with the mans car and bike and damage property cuz he was speeding on a street your kid should not be in the middle of? No.

·
Registered
3,362 Posts
^^^^ Wow your cool man. I can't believe there are people like you out there that think it's ok to **** up other peoples cars. Scream yell make a scene but to seriously say you would **** up someones car just cuz thy speed down a street. Go talk to him. Teach your kid not to play in the street if your worried.

Is it right for the guy to speed down the street, no. Is it sane to say you will **** with the mans car and bike and damage property cuz he was speeding on a street your kid should not be in the middle of? No.
f-that....talking dont work for most people...we need action show we mean buisness....i applaude him...

but more importantly...

why is the op's mom buying his tire???

·
Registered
3,362 Posts
also...i understand the kid shouldnt be in middle of street but i sidewalk aint gonna stop a speeding vehicle from flyin up someones curb and possibly killing someone....
just my .02

·
Registered
1,754 Posts

LOL, i throw trash cans out in front of people that speed by my house. screw that, don't speed with little kids around.

·
Registered
4,312 Posts
good point. trust me though, im angry and all, but im not gonna go out and try to find whoever did it to get revenge or anything. just gonna be chill about it. if i do happen to find out who did it then they will definitely be hearing from the authorities
Good luck with that. Even if you find out who did it, unless you saw them actually do it all the authorities will do is come and take your statement then write whoevers name down in their little notepad and you'll never hear about it again.

When i had my SRT4 all 4 of my BFG KDW's got slashed. Didnt waste my time with cops when i found out who it was.

1 - 20 of 28 Posts