8th Generation Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 06 ex coupe and want to get a good exhaust. I have been looking at the skunk2 for a while but saw a megan for almost the same price. Which one sounds better or would it just be better to get a cheap one from eBay?

·
Registered
647 Posts
I haven't had any issues with my eBay exhaust other than it being super Loud at 70+mph.
But instead of getting a cheap ebay exhaust, have you considered buying a muffler and have it welded on?

·
Registered
7 Posts
Don't get the eBay exhaust. I ran a spec-d catback for almost a year before getting a tsudo. The spec-d had extremely thin flanges that bent when tightened against the gaskets so it leaked until I added some silicone gasket maker. The hangers were all slightly off, so it rattled no matter what adjustments I (or the local muffler shop) made. It droned like all hell too, not just highway bwahhh noise, but actual earsplitting, sperm killing resonance. You probably won't find a new Megan catback either, I would have preferred the Megan oe-rs catback, but they were back ordered everywhere I looked.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts