8th Generation Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
191 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys im just wondering which of you guys are riding skunk2 springs with stock shocks or with aftermarket shocks like HFP, Koni yellows, etc....

Can i hear your positive and negative comments on the shocks, how it feels and looks ....

Thanks in advance !!

·
Registered
431 Posts
I just installed my Skunk2 springs on my stock FA5 suspension and it isn't running too bad. The guy who installed them with me said to look into getting a different set of shocks when my stock ones go out though. Otherwise, dude, the car looks nice with the drop, drives very smooth and nothing is rubbing. Definitely happy with the purchase/install.

·
Registered
191 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I just installed my Skunk2 springs on my stock FA5 suspension and it isn't running too bad. The guy who installed them with me said to look into getting a different set of shocks when my stock ones go out though. Otherwise, dude, the car looks nice with the drop, drives very smooth and nothing is rubbing. Definitely happy with the purchase/install.

I think ill do the same thing. But i am wondering how many miles does your car have ?? and what shocks are you planning on buying??

·
CHOO-CHOO!!!!!!
14,929 Posts
I've been running S2 springs on the stock shocks for around 40K miles with no problems at all.

·
CHOO-CHOO!!!!!!
14,929 Posts
^ did you have any camber kits? or was it just springs + stock shocks nothing else
I've got the S2 camber kit in the rear, and Ingalls camber bolts up front.

·
Registered
1,678 Posts
need camber kits def, but my buddy Brown Bear has been rollin on his for a while and he loves em...lol but yes skunk2 springs youll def need front and rear camber

·
Registered
191 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
need camber kits def, but my buddy Brown Bear has been rollin on his for a while and he loves em...lol but yes skunk2 springs youll def need front and rear camber
So before getting my skunk2 springs installed i should get camber kits or else my shocks will blow ???

·
Registered
210 Posts
no camber kit here

but the springs are the best! great drop too 2" all around about?

easy install too!!! i put them in about 4 hours.

·
Registered
792 Posts
I'm on sk2 springs and shocks, ingalls camber bolts in the front sk2 rear camber arms, and a sk2 rear lower-tie bar... it's the exact drop i want, and it handles great as well... i'll post pics when i get my ride back outta the shop, gettin it repainted.

·
Registered
191 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
no camber kit here

but the springs are the best! great drop too 2" all around about?

easy install too!!! i put them in about 4 hours.
You just installed springs ?? no shocks and no camber kit ?? did u get an alignement ??? if so what specs did u get ???

·
CHOO-CHOO!!!!!!
14,929 Posts
So before getting my skunk2 springs installed i should get camber kits or else my shocks will blow ???
No they will not. I actually rolled around for about a month and a half before I added the camber kit.

·
Banned
3,858 Posts
running stock shocks with skunk springs, the only problems i have is the "clanking" of the springs when i hit pot holes or little dips in the road and its a little bouncy. other than that its a nice drop.

·
CHOO-CHOO!!!!!!
14,929 Posts
running stock shocks with skunk springs, the only problems i have is the "clanking" of the springs when i hit pot holes or little dips in the road and its a little bouncy. other than that its a nice drop.
Mine don't "clank", although the endlinks on my rear sway bar are noisy as hell. The springs are a little bouncy, but they've been on the car for a long time now, and I drive on some crappy roads going to work every night.

·
Registered
261 Posts
have the Skunk2's onmine with stock shocks. SPC camber kit in the rear and SPC bolts for the front. Do it all at one time, get it aligned about 2 weeks later to let them settle then forget about it. I have had no problem with them at all. My tires rub a lil bit in the back and a ton in the front. Basically just ate up the plastic liner in the front, no fender damage at all. But I am running stock settings on the camber and 18X8 40 mm offset with 225/40/18's. Try to set our camber kit length to about the same as as your stock ones before you put them in so they won't be crazy out of camber for the 2 weeks prior to alignment.

·
Registered
36 Posts
I've had my skunk2 springs for about three months now, no problems at all. I do not have a camber kit and I'm on stock shocks. Installed them myself. A little more bounce in the ride, but that's okay with me.

·
Registered
744 Posts
im also running skunk2 springs without a camber kit but ill probably be upgrading to coils soon. my friend works at firestone and said its not truely necessary to have a camber kit with these springs as long as you don't drive on bad roads, and rotate/get and allignment every 4-5k miles. but things is he adjusts everything for me to ensure minimal camber wear. and only thing that annoys me about these springs is that.. in the rear the plastic part you take from the oem springs and place under the aftermarket one keeps popping out and its a hassle to fix lol

·
Registered
191 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
I'm on sk2 springs and shocks, ingalls camber bolts in the front sk2 rear camber arms, and a sk2 rear lower-tie bar... it's the exact drop i want, and it handles great as well... i'll post pics when i get my ride back outta the shop, gettin it repainted.
Where da pics at ???

1 - 19 of 19 Posts