8th Generation Honda Civic Forum banner

41 - 60 of 64 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
I was looking into getting Skunk2 springs with HFP shocks as well. If I do, how necessary is it that I get a camber kit right away? Dont wanna break the bank in one trip.

·
Registered
4,950 Posts
I was looking into getting Skunk2 springs with HFP shocks as well. If I do, how necessary is it that I get a camber kit right away? Dont wanna break the bank in one trip.
If you want to get back to factory spec, you would need a camber kit. You don't really need a camber kit but when you go for alignment make sure your TOE is close to 0.

·
Registered
7 Posts
If you want to get back to factory spec, you would need a camber kit. You don't really need a camber kit but when you go for alignment make sure your TOE is close to 0.
If I do get a camber kit what should I get? I have heard spc and Ingalls? Any suggestions?

·
Registered
191 Posts
Nope stock shocks. No problems with them too. I don't know about you guys but I can go over speed bumps like nothing.
I just purchased the skunk2 springs but my oem shocks have almost 100k on them should i change for HFP or i shouldnt worry too much and i could change them later on ???

·
Registered
4,950 Posts
I just purchased the skunk2 springs but my oem shocks have almost 100k on them should i change for HFP or i shouldnt worry too much and i could change them later on ???
If there are no signs of leaks or anything you can still use them with no problem. Then you can change them for something better later like the koni yellows. There's no sense of getting hfp and using skunk2 shocks.

·
Registered
191 Posts
If there are no signs of leaks or anything you can still use them with no problem. Then you can change them for something better later like the koni yellows. There's no sense of getting hfp and using skunk2 shocks.
Ok so ill get the springs installed on the stock shocks and ask my mechanic what if should change them in the near future ... you recommend Koni Yellows?

·
Registered
815 Posts
run the stock shocks for a while and when they blow get a decent set of coils. Personally, I wouldn't spend the money on Koni yellows. For a couple extra bucks u can have a nice set of coils.

·
Registered
4,950 Posts
Their pretty expensive do you have any other suggestions ?
The only other one would be tokico blues which is around $500. The koni yellows are only around $535. But the only downside to the yellows is that you would need to mod your front struts to use them.

·
Registered
191 Posts
run the stock shocks for a while and when they blow get a decent set of coils. Personally, I wouldn't spend the money on Koni yellows. For a couple extra bucks u can have a nice set of coils.
I don't really need coils .... i am not gonna do track with my car ...i just want a nice clean drop with better handling not too much though

·
Registered
4,950 Posts
I don't really need coils .... i am not gonna do track with my car ...i just want a nice clean drop with better handling not too much though
Koni yellows are not coilovers. They're just shocks. The rears just bolt right up but the fronts you would need to mod them.

·
Registered
25,210 Posts
how is the ride quality in respect to stock. more/less bumpy, stiffer/softer i have a bad back and cant have a poor ride.

·
Registered
114 Posts
reviving this from the dead..

but i'm about to get some sk2 springs..
are the sk2 shocks really that bad?

i'm not trying to spend too much and the other ones i'm looking at getting would be the tokico blues..are the hfp shocks out of the question?

and definitely a camber kit? how soon? right away?
for front and rear? its my DD so what would you guys recommend?

sorry, super noob at this stuff.

·
Registered
4,950 Posts
I don't think the skunk2 shocks are not that bad. But right now if I'm not mistaken it's on back order and skunk2 is redesigning them to resolve the problems that they had with the previous one.

The tokico blues are alright. They're mostly designed as a replacement for the stock shocks. The HFP shocks are good but it specifically designed to use with the HFP springs. But for it's drop it's better than stock.

Camber kit really depends on you. Since this is your DD like me, get the camber kit and alignment ASAP after you get your suspension upgrade done. At the very minimum get an alignment and make sure your toe is in spec. But to save the extra trip and money do everything the first time.

I'm speaking from experience. Because I had a good amount of camber in the rear and the inner part was worn in about a year, I didn't get an alignment or had camber kit.

Here's the rear of my car with no camber kit and alignment.

·
Premium Member
2,146 Posts
Quick suspension question folks! When ordering front camber bolts do you need to order two sets (2 bolts per set)?

41 - 60 of 64 Posts