8th Generation Honda Civic Forum banner

21 - 40 of 64 Posts

·
Registered
815 Posts
I was thinkin -1.0 all around as well...I think the understeer would be greatly reduced and it would be pretty balanced. Mine is a daily so I don't mind if I have some slight understeer. I don't push it to its limits often anyway.

·
Registered
4,950 Posts
I was thinkin -1.0 all around as well...I think the understeer would be greatly reduced and it would be pretty balanced. Mine is a daily so I don't mind if I have some slight understeer. I don't push it to its limits often anyway.
It would be almost pretty neutral more towards understeer. But for our cars you would want to increase oversteer.

·
Registered
87 Posts
Discussion Starter #24
I believe Skunk2 only makes one set of lowering springs for our cars. And I'm guessing he did springs to save money. Honestly, if your not building your car to race and its simply a daily, you don't need coils. Also, if your goal is just to lower your car, you can save $900+ by using just springs.
I bought mine mainly for looks, but I do some beginner autoX sometimes, coils are far to expensive for me. I've got kids lol. Anyway I got my alignment done, of course they couldn't fix the camber because I have yet to get a camber kit but I did but I did return the toe back to stock settings, I didn't feel any difference, but its good piece of mind.
I will have to get camber kit one day, but i have a question, will simple front and rear camber bolts suffice? Or should I spend the money and get full camber arms for the rear?

·
Registered
815 Posts
If you autoX sometimes, I would consider the arms because they will stay put under hard, rapid cornering. The plates or bolts may move after some time. Also, with the arms, you can run less negative camber daily and when you go to the track, you can increase your camber the same amount on both sides without much effort.

·
Registered
4,950 Posts
so, how bout -.5 in the rear and -1.0 in the front?
That's almost basically like stock settings. What you want to do is increase camber in the front.

This is a good setting that will increase handling and be fine on your tires.

Front
-1.5 to -1.75 degrees

Rear
-1 degrees.

Set your toe to 0 in both the front and rear.

·
Registered
1,585 Posts
yea i def agree the best. o and i went back and checked my camber. -0.1 in the front not -1.0 and -1.7 in the rear. yea that pissed me off to double check that. i gotta fix that asap.

·
Registered
364 Posts
How do you feel about the suspension noise compared to stock? Hopefully I'll acquire these springs this summer lol

·
Registered
191 Posts
Hey man great review !!!

I was looking to buy theses springs but i am worried that it will go to low .... I live in Quebec and the roads here are TERRRRRIBLEEE!!

How low does it go ??? do you think you can take better pictures ?? And should i go with the HFP suspension in the near future if i decide to buy theses springs ???

Thanks !

·
Registered
87 Posts
Discussion Starter #30
Hey man great review !!!

I was looking to buy theses springs but i am worried that it will go to low .... I live in Quebec and the roads here are TERRRRRIBLEEE!!

How low does it go ??? do you think you can take better pictures ?? And should i go with the HFP suspension in the near future if i decide to buy theses springs ???

Thanks !
I don't have my car at the moment, I flew home to Michigan for vacation, as soon as I get back I'll take some better pics.

·
Registered
87 Posts
Discussion Starter #31
How do you feel about the suspension noise compared to stock? Hopefully I'll acquire these springs this summer lol
The Noise isn't that much different from stock. Although when you go over very bumby road sections you can hear creaking and rattling that I didn't hear while stock. I think its a fair trade off.

·
Registered
11,635 Posts
neg camber aint bad..i also heard the more neg camber the more it will actually grip in turns

but more the front then rear but i heard like -3 all around was super good for handling

·
Registered
815 Posts
neg camber aint bad..i also heard the more neg camber the more it will actually grip in turns

but more the front then rear but i heard like -3 all around was super good for handling
I think that's pushin it a bit. Most of the severe negative camber you see is used to achieve the flush look and is mostly for show. For a track car, you don't really wanna go with more than -2. Any more than that and you start loosing your contact area between the tire and pavement. Most track cars don't have sever negative camber, that was made popular by the "hellaflush/show" crowd. And for a daily you don't wanna go much passed -1.5 or -1.75.

·
Registered
11,635 Posts
I think that's pushin it a bit. Most of the severe negative camber you see is used to achieve the flush look and is mostly for show. For a track car, you don't really wanna go with more than -2. Any more than that and you start loosing your contact area between the tire and pavement. Most track cars don't have sever negative camber, that was made popular by the "hellaflush/show" crowd. And for a daily you don't wanna go much passed -1.5 or -1.75.
yeah i know what you mean but like this one guy told me he was like 2.3 or 2.8 pretty much -3 all around and he said it handled super good lol, and hes like a dude into autox stuff and handling

and yeah i know wha tyou mean about the hellaflush stuff but i was jus saying haha

·
Registered
4,950 Posts
yeah i know what you mean but like this one guy told me he was like 2.3 or 2.8 pretty much -3 all around and he said it handled super good lol, and hes like a dude into autox stuff and handling

and yeah i know wha tyou mean about the hellaflush stuff but i was jus saying haha
-3 all around for our car is not great. You would want less camber in the rear. You would want more camber in the front because you would want your car to oversteer not understeer.

Also, when the rear compresses, the negative camber increases where as the front doesn't. So my making the rear the same as the front, when it comes to cornering you car is going to understeer. Which is why most people who autox or road race our cars intend to increase the camber in the front than the rears.

For daily driving -3 is pretty extreme but do able. You will notice uneven tire wear but the tire life will almost be pretty much the same because it's the toe that eats tires.

Having more negative camber is great to a certain extent because you would also need to balance out with the rear also.

·
Registered
191 Posts
Got any more pics ????

I really wanna buy theses springs but i don't know if it will be too low... And i was wondering wich other shocks i could get with theses springs because ive heard the skunk2 shocks arent that great....

·
Registered
4,950 Posts
Got any more pics ????

I really wanna buy theses springs but i don't know if it will be too low... And i was wondering wich other shocks i could get with theses springs because ive heard the skunk2 shocks arent that great....
Here was mine when I was on skunk2

And the camber that I had. LOL

21 - 40 of 64 Posts