8th Generation Honda Civic Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
1,090 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hey guys I just wanted to let everyone know that the Skunk2 short shifter works perfectly with the non-si models :dancingcoolsmiley: :woowoo:. I just installed it on my LX and let me say that it was well worth it. The shifts are much shorter and much more precise than stock. The install was easy too, it took about 30 minutes just because the blue cap was a PITA to take off (hint:use 13mm wrench to pry it off and to get it on the skunk2 piece just rest it on top of it and gently step on it :thumb:). I'm very happy with it though and would highly recommend it. Now I can't wait for my Skunk2 shift knob to come in :dance: Oh yeah and mad props to ek24monster and King Motorsports Unlimited, Inc. for letting me be the guinea pig!!!

Here's a before and after of second gear to show how much shorter the throw is.

Before:

After:

·
Registered
156 Posts
sweet! great taste! ive had 2 pairs of rodney mullens, a pair of matt mumfords, chet thomas, and a pair of non-pro ones, dunno what they were called!

·
Registered
132 Posts
nice throw, but now that you have that done, i think it's time for soom interior detailing. that mess is starting to get carried away. before you know it you'll have half eaten apples in the back and you'll be calling for xzibit to come pimp your ride lol. sorry i just watched an episode like that, hilarious show, i can't believe people are happy about seeing their vehicles mutilated.

·
Registered
243 Posts
Is it just me .. or is there no difference in the before / after shots lol ? I also have the Skunk2 on my Lx, I love it ! dang cold in the winter though.

·
Registered
1,090 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
nice throw, but now that you have that done, i think it's time for soom interior detailing. that mess is starting to get carried away. before you know it you'll have half eaten apples in the back and you'll be calling for xzibit to come pimp your ride lol. sorry i just watched an episode like that, hilarious show, i can't believe people are happy about seeing their vehicles mutilated.
hahaha yeah i cleaned out the interior shortly after this picture was taken. i had just driven 250 miles back home from seeing my girlfriend before installing it :dancing:... so it's excusable.

and there is a huge difference in the throw if you look at the shift knob in the before pic its almost over the coin tray in the after pic it's not even over the silver trim. :thumb:

·
Registered
126 Posts
i just put mine in and its pretty sweet shifts are noticably shorter. The only thing i noticed was that it seems a little harder to put into gears.

·
Registered
1,090 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
skunk2 weighted shift knob will fix that. installed it yesterday and the shifts feel really smooth and soft like theres a pillow in there or something haha. you wouldn't think that a shift knob would make a difference but it does. you can get one on ebay for $40 shipped just find one that says OBO. i'll post some pics in a little while.

·
Registered
126 Posts
i have the skunk 2 shift knob. It still feels a little harder than stock but not much. Anyways i still prefer it over stock ha. Are you going to get the bushings?

·
Registered
1,090 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
I plan on getting the bushings. not sure when though. i figure that my stock ones are fine until I get my exhaust, suspension and wheels done first. Too bad I'm not sponsored by skunk2 haha I'll have almost all their stuff in my car haha.

·
Registered
227 Posts
damn... go clean your car out... lol.

Congratulations on the SS - I remember going from a stock shifter in my 97 CL to a custom made SS and it was a ******* dream to drive my car... in fact, that was probably my favorite mod on my old car.

I'm sure you'll thoroughly enjoy it!

·
Registered
1,090 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
i got the skunk2 shift knob after the ss so maybe thats why it feels better to me. but since i installed the knob i've had nearly 0 notchyness.

·
Registered
1,090 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
my ss apparently wasn't tightened down properly and my shifts started to become extremely notchy/wouldn't go into gear at all, but i re-tightened it and moved the adapter and now it shifts amazingly. i now have zero notchyness from nearly zero!!! this ss combined with the skunk2 knob works really well. just make sure it's properly tightened and placed haha.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts