8th Generation Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
516 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well i decided to get the skunk2 pro s for my car. it was between this and megan, so i thinking skunk2 would be good. could i get any info on these, im not tracking or anything just DD. hows the ride quality and basically any info anyone could give me before i buy them.

·
Registered
3,362 Posts
I have megans and I think it was a good bang for buck deal since I got mine off another member here...

I was told the pro s is really bouncy and could make a d-driver a little less bearable plus they r onlly height adjustable...

If i are looking for just looks then pro s all the way or a set of springs but those will eventually ruin ur shocks

but

if u wanna have "fun" now and then still go for a slammed look too, if that's ur thing megans can certainly do that as well while still being able to adjust stiffneess-all the way from making girls boobies sore to near stock....

Gl with ur decision OP,"I hope this doesn't come back and haunt u" (lance armstrong on dodgeball lolZ)

·
Registered
516 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
yeah i was looking at the buddyclub price for them is not tooo bad right now. so skunk2 is bouncy when the rear is set all the way down?

·
Registered
1,979 Posts
Pro-S is bouncy no matter what, with the high spring rate and insufficient dampers.
I noticed very little change riding on them at stock-ish height vs. lowered to tucking tire.

·
Registered
11,635 Posts
dont waste your money OP
get a coilover that can adjust preload and stuff

megan racing, ksport all that stuff is garbage dude
i would recommened bc n+ there great

·
Registered
687 Posts
Purchased pro-s this week and as soon as I get a few hundred i'm selling my it right away and going with my original idea, buddyclub n+. I guess theres nothing wrong with the pro-s but its all your preference. I put the rear as low as it can go, and the front has about 3/4 inch to go and that thing bounces like crazy.

For a daily driver I think it's absolutely necessary to be able to adjust stiffness AND ride height. Also if you're looking to slam your ride really low, buddyclub is also better because the front+rear can go waaaay lower than most coilovers.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts