8th Generation Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
152 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone know if it's legal or no? Is there any kind of letter noteing saying the stats or whatever?

·
Registered
321 Posts
I don't know about the legality of that exhaust but I'd like to comment on the fact that we get pulled over for having a loud exhaust while guys on harleys are free to drive bikes so loud they rattle my apartment windows three floors up, that really grinds my gears!

·
Registered
695 Posts
if you live in cali..
youll get pulled over with any exhaust if its semi loud..
if its not quiet yull get a ticket..

·
Registered
1,367 Posts
I don't know about the legality of that exhaust but I'd like to comment on the fact that we get pulled over for having a loud exhaust while guys on harleys are free to drive bikes so loud they rattle my apartment windows three floors up, that really grinds my gears!
:rantsmiley: I hate this. It's not even a nice sound just incredibly annoying. And people hate on ricers for loud fart cans.

·
Registered
152 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I have skunk2 megapower RR. It's best sounding exhaust IMO. N I'm just wondering if it meets the legal limits.

·
Registered
321 Posts
I looked through the HTA for ontario and there is no db limit listed, it's only described as excessive. Which is retarded in my opinion, there needs to be a stardard. One cop might look the other way while another will pull you over a ticket you.

·
Registered
1,005 Posts
technically.. anything mod that is not oem spec will get you an illegal mod citation. If a cop pops a hood and finds a short ram intake he can cite you and you will lose in court.

now to be more direct.. if your car make more noise than last 30 cars a cop passed you will stick out. and where i live you will get a ticket..
Unless you are boosted and the turbo eats some of the exhaust noise. i always wonder how the people on here with i/h/e survive.

and yes it is B.S that cops can ride loud a$$ harleys and pull you over saying you stock si muffler is too loud.

·
Registered
1,937 Posts
If you VTEC around a cop you will for sure be pulled over and at least harassed. My exhaust is loud enough that I have to wear earplugs to drive to Shannonville, loud exhausts are overrated!

·
Registered
302 Posts
Originally Posted by Cadaren

I hear ya on that one!!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts