8th Generation Honda Civic Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Currently running the skunk2 rr exhaust with Skunk2 alpha headers. Was wondering if someone currently has the same setup what are their horsepower with the silencer on and with out it. I seen a post that showed at dyno with just the exhaust and stock headers but that was from 2007 and they lost around 14hp with the silencer on. I had to slap on the silencer because it was to loud. Was considering if I should sell the exhaust and go with full race since people claim it’s quite and it’s good on performance. But if the horsepower pretty much the same with the silencer on I’ll just keep this exhaust.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Currently running the skunk2 rr exhaust with Skunk2 alpha headers. Was wondering if someone currently has the same setup what are their horsepower with the silencer on and with out it. I seen a post that showed at dyno with just the exhaust and stock headers but that was from 2007 and they lost around 14hp with the silencer on. I had to slap on the silencer because it was to loud. Was considering if I should sell the exhaust and go with full race since people claim it’s quite and it’s good on performance. But if the horsepower pretty much the same with the silencer on I’ll just keep this exhaust.
The skunk2 exhausts are loud, I have the Megapower R with a stock header and its still really loud. Yes id say go with a more restrictive exhaust but you'll obviously loose power that way.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.