8th Generation Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 20 of 65 Posts

·
Premium Member
757 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anybody done this setup? how's the ride quality compared to stock, and what kind of a drop did you see after it settled? pics would be great >_< Thanks

·
CHOO-CHOO!!!!!!
14,929 Posts
^^^Ha ha, that looks just like my car! To the OP, the Skunks are great. I've had mine for about 10,000 miles, and haven't had any problems whatsoever. Never bottomed out (well, one time on a speed bump), or rubbed ever. You do have to watch it on dips in the road, but that would be true of any lowering spring. It's about a 2 inch drop. Just make sure you get some camber kits as well, because it will definitely create negative camber when you drop it down.

·
Premium Member
3,390 Posts
on a drop that extreme, i would say a camber kit would be a must. if u were dropped on pro kit or comptech or something not so aggressive, i think u could get by with out it. but in the end a camber kit isnt going to hurt. its always a useful mod.

btw ur ride looks great in the above pictures, but I DIDNT have to tell u that! :thumb:

·
Premium Member
81,069 Posts
on a drop that extreme, i would say a camber kit would be a must. if u were dropped on pro kit or comptech or something not so aggressive, i think u could get by with out it. but in the end a camber kit isnt going to hurt. its always a useful mod.

btw ur ride looks great in the above pictures, but I DIDNT have to tell u that! :thumb:
Thanks.. yeah i highly recommend the camber arms and bolts for the front. I'm also definitely getting Konis once they come out

·
Registered
209 Posts

so just front and rear cambers are all you think i will need?
no control arms or shocks?

·
Premium Member
81,069 Posts
so just front and rear cambers are all you think i will need?
no control arms or shocks?
Well the rear camber kit is the lower control arm. Like I mentioned above the front camber kit just consists of bolts. The only set out right now is the tokico shocks...

·
Premium Member
757 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
thanks guys, ive been getting storys that some ppl get a 2.5 drop after it settles and thats too much for me

·
Premium Member
81,069 Posts
thats bullisht, ive seen stech drops that look identical to mine. 1.6 tops, no more. the sportlines are lower than the skunk2s thats why im putting on the sportlines.
? hmm thats weird.. but then of course every car is different. Theres a guy here whos car is lowered on sportlines, and mine is definitely lower.. not by much but you can tell.

·
Registered
6,717 Posts
ryry ninja, Dude I hate to threadjack but please reply to my PM/.

·
Premium Member
81,069 Posts
ryry ninja, Dude I hate to threadjack but please reply to my PM/.
lmao... hmmm did i get one from you.. let me check :xyxnervou

·
Premium Member
757 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
rim size plays a role in how the drop looks, measuring a drop from your fender is the worst way to do it. the best way to do it, is to use a flat floor and measure how much room you got from the front center of your car to the ground, because when you drop the car the tires lean inward making it look more dropped then it really is....

·
Registered
3,696 Posts
? hmm thats weird.. but then of course every car is different. Theres a guy here whos car is lowered on sportlines, and mine is definitely lower.. not by much but you can tell.
yeah, look at the picture you posted with the 17's, you look identical to my car. now look at any one of the hundred of sportline drops on this website and you can tell obviously that the sportlines are lower. Once you put on your 18s its no wonder you look lower, but i assure you, your not:thumb:

skunk2 does not even give you remote answer as to what the drop is going to be.

·
Registered
3,891 Posts
Thanks.. yeah i highly recommend the camber arms and bolts for the front. I'm also definitely getting Konis once they come out
how are the stock struts holding up ? i think i'm going to wait for the koni shocks to come out before lowering it. I go to DC everyday, and the roads are terrible for dropped cars. My shocks would blow in a month.

·
Premium Member
81,069 Posts
how are the stock struts holding up ? i think i'm going to wait for the koni shocks to come out before lowering it. I go to DC everyday, and the roads are terrible for dropped cars. My shocks would blow in a month.
well i've put on many many miles since july when they were put on. so its been almost 6 months so thats almost 20k miles. I drive pretty hard and I drive in a lot of places and the shocks are holding up great.

1 - 20 of 65 Posts