8th Generation Honda Civic Forum banner

101 - 120 of 135 Posts

·
Registered
3,308 Posts
no problem, let me know if there is anything else you can think of that gives you an issue and I will see if I get the same problem.

·
Registered
3,308 Posts
Hope you get squared away, not too many options out there so hopefully the S2 works out for everyone who has it.

I haven't even had mine installed for 24 hours so I will be on the lookout for possible issues. Oh ya, do you have the S2 Intake Manifold as well?, and if so do you have the pcv taken care of?

·
Premium Member
12,586 Posts
yeah, i have the s2 mani as well. the pcv, well, it's blocked off right now...which is probably why i have terrible gas mileage? i need a catch can...but im unfamiliar with how it works.

·
Registered
3,308 Posts
This is a possible reason for your cold start issue although I doubt it since the S2 IM doesn't have a port for the pcv to connect to the IM. I am not sure it would affect it in that regard considering the pcv does not allow air into the valve and it only releases pressure.

I have the air assist valve plugged off with may be the difference for cold start idle.

·
Premium Member
12,586 Posts
you got a pic of your air assist valve? any suggestions on the pcv valve that i should do? or just leave it with the supplied plug?

·
Registered
3,308 Posts
It will leak out a mixture of air/oil/fuel which would normally get sucked back into your motor through your oem IM. Not a constant leak but when the pressure builds up it will release that. This is why the oil CC is best.

Also, nothing should get sucked back into the pcv port, it is the way the valve designed.

·
Premium Member
12,586 Posts
ok, thanks man. appreciate it.

after looking at the thread above that you linked, i wanted to say that i HATE that part of my mani. it leaks coolant from that gold bolt. the top of the mani, and the furthest to the right bolt that has a hose in it. is that what you blocked off? i should link you my thread that i started on that problem.

·
Registered
3,308 Posts
Ya, link me to it, and yes, coolant will leak out of there if your car is warm/hot. If you do this make sure the motor is completely cooled down, I did mine in the morning just to make sure, I hate coolant ;)

·
Registered
3,308 Posts
No, I run the RRC intake manifold but this is not affected by the manifold its the same for all manifolds for our car.

Here is a list of what you can do once you cap the valve:

Take the hose of the port that is in the center of your manifold and then put a rubber cap on it(the hose below your oil cap in your pic from the link).

Remove the hose from your intake to the gold valve and plug the hole on your intake that the hose was connected to as it will no longer be needed.

·
Premium Member
12,586 Posts
ok, sounds good man. i'm gonna end up doing that this weekend. i think i need a new gasket for my mani though since it's still leaking coolant in the lower right corner area. must have tightened the bolt too much.

·
Registered
1,585 Posts
omg you have your PCV capped off?!?!?! dude remove that immediately. you need to run a hose from the PCV and put a "T" tap into the other vacuum line that runs to the top of the manifold. you need the PCV under vacuum...

101 - 120 of 135 Posts