8th Generation Honda Civic Forum banner

81 - 100 of 135 Posts

·
Premium Member
12,586 Posts
and you just kept doing this until you got one that finally worked?
i cant release definite information or what's happened in my situation, but yes, i'm still testing TB's. it seems as if the stock TB cals are all different. Along with the voltage. At least I can change a TB in like 5 minutes now. HAHAH. i'm on my 6th or 7th now...i lost count.

·
Registered
236 Posts
Discussion Starter #85
i cant release definite information or what's happened in my situation, but yes, i'm still testing TB's. it seems as if the stock TB cals are all different. Along with the voltage. At least I can change a TB in like 5 minutes now. HAHAH. i'm on my 6th or 7th now...i lost count.
Yeah....screw that!

·
Registered
3,308 Posts
I am installing mine today and will see if I run into these problems, I had installed a while back just to see if it would throw a code and it did not, this was without doing the idle relearn process either.

I have FP though and it seems that neither of you guys have it so hopefully this will be a plus.

·
Registered
119 Posts
So are you saying that the OEM Si Throttle Bodies have different calibrations?

Maybe that explains why many people here have problems getting different OEM TBs to work!

·
Premium Member
12,586 Posts
yes, it is apparent that the range of calibration/voltage of the si's range dramatically as told to me by Skunk2. They set the voltage of their TB's within the testing ranges, but when they realized my voltage was still at a very low range, they figured out that was why it was still throwing CEL's and throwing the car into limp mode. TB's are very touchy!!!

·
Registered
236 Posts
Discussion Starter #89
its just an inconvience, i bought mine in novmeber thinking it was a final production, here it is almost 6 months later and still..

·
Registered
3,308 Posts
its just an inconvience, i bought mine in novmeber thinking it was a final production, here it is almost 6 months later and still..
Was this the fault of the re-seller that sold you the TB?

It's a good product on paper, hopefully it works how it should, I will keep this thread posted.

·
Registered
5,125 Posts
can you please please show your dyno results with your new set up OP? i currently have i/h/e/flashpro and mounts. i was looking to place my order of IM/TB/FR but after reading all this it seems like you gained nothing from the set up??

·
Registered
48 Posts
whp?

also replaced rad hoses with S2, installed everything and all is fine except for erratic idleing and i cant rev past 3800 rpms unless i reset everything and then after a few shut offs and back ons it all starts back...it was all stock before this install...but here are some pics..

stock

and it starts

stock intake and TB out!

annd couldnt get this thing out for ****..

after about an hour it came out!

pic of the gf

first piece of skunk hardware!

installing the intake

finished!

:eek:hsnap:
how much whp do you think you'll gain with the manifold and throttle body

·
Registered
3,308 Posts
Just installed my Skunk2 TB and new intake, seems to be working fine. I had to go somewhere right after I got my bumper back on so I didn't have time to do the idle relearn, it was all over the place with rev hang and it revving up on its own like a champ.

Once I got home and did the relearn feels just as my TSX tb did with the exception of a tiny hitch when idles drop down, the needle hits the 1k rpm mark and goes up 1-200 rpms before settling back down, no big deal though and is not noticeable unless looking at my rpm gauge. This is when letting off the gas when slowing down at stop light/stop sign.

Other than that it is working as I had hoped.

·
Premium Member
12,586 Posts
Just installed my Skunk2 TB and new intake, seems to be working fine. I had to go somewhere right after I got my bumper back on so I didn't have time to do the idle relearn, it was all over the place with rev hang and it revving up on its own like a champ.

Once I got home and did the relearn feels just as my TSX tb did with the exception of a tiny hitch when idles drop down, the needle hits the 1k rpm mark and goes up 1-200 rpms before settling back down, no big deal though and is not noticeable unless looking at my rpm gauge. This is when letting off the gas when slowing down at stop light/stop sign.

Other than that it is working as I had hoped.
yep, thats how mine is working now too. except when i start my car (cold) and drive on it immediately, and press the clutch, the idle on cold is around 2k, but when i step on the clutch while driving after just starting the car it goes from 2k and climbs up to 2.5k and then eventually settles back down. not a fan of that.

i wonder if the other 1k jump can be fixed with fp???

·
Registered
3,308 Posts
yep, thats how mine is working now too. except when i start my car (cold) and drive on it immediately, and press the clutch, the idle on cold is around 2k, but when i step on the clutch while driving after just starting the car it goes from 2k and climbs up to 2.5k and then eventually settles back down. not a fan of that.

i wonder if the other 1k jump can be fixed with fp???
Are you using after market injectors?

I haven't drove the car cold yet(after relearn was done) so I will double check on that when I go to work today.

Sounds like something that was happening to me when I first got my RDX injectors but fixed the cold start issue by plugging the air assist valve.

81 - 100 of 135 Posts