8th Generation Honda Civic Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
1,216 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys so I just order my Skunk2 header 2nd gen today and I have been reading on 8th gen site that I need to change my motor mounts to prevent the header from vibrating when I’m in low gear. What are the recommended aftermarket motor mounts that I can use?

·
Registered
1,303 Posts
Or you could go the cheap route and just fill in your front motor mount, I also have the same header and my buddy did this mod for me, the vibrations are NOWHERE near as bad as going with full on aftermarket motor mounts and my header doesn't hit or rub at all. Just throwing it out there

·
Registered
1,216 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Or you could go the cheap route and just fill in your front motor mount, I also have the same header and my buddy did this mod for me, the vibrations are NOWHERE near as bad as going with full on aftermarket motor mounts and my header doesn't hit or rub at all. Just throwing it out there
Yeah I’m looking into filling/injecting in my motor mounts it’s cheaper. Were can I get the products or material needed to make this happen?

thanks

·
Registered
1,216 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
just installed my SK2 header and wow what a difference the car pulls like crazy...love the sound as well.:woowoo::vtec:

1 - 15 of 15 Posts