8th Generation Honda Civic Forum banner
1 - 20 of 57 Posts

·
Registered
26,621 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well since putting my Skunk2 70mm exhuast on ive received 5 tickets for it begin to loud and the 5th 1 was today and i had the silencer in LOLZ on the highway BTW + the other 4 were dropped because my Aunt works for the police station. I just wanted to share this and maybe some others can cough up how many tickets they have received as well but i still love my Skunk2.

:vtec: :police: :SHOCKED: :box:

·
Registered
13,652 Posts
Some states just suck. I never had a problem with any of my loud exhausts on any of my cars in any of the states I was in. Good thing you have hookups. Just goes to show that the cops in your state must have no other crimes apparently since they have so much time to pick on someone for their exhaust.

·
Premium Member
19,589 Posts
What really fries my behind is all the people with booming stereos and motorcycles with straight pipes, yet you never see the police pull them over. Seems like your local gendarmes have too much free time on their hands. Sorry to hear that.

·
Registered
13,652 Posts
NitrousG35 said:
What really fries my behind is all the people with booming stereos and motorcycles with straight pipes, yet you never see the police pull them over. Seems like your local gendarmes have too much free time on their hands. Sorry to hear that.
Exactly, I even know a swat member with an si in my area that thinks it's stupid to give tickets for any of that stuff. You would think that it would make other drivers aware of your existance just like it does on a bike. I guess it's more important for the motorists to hear their conversations while they're on the phone while driving.

·
Registered
26,621 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Excalibur said:
Some states just suck. I never had a problem with any of my loud exhausts on any of my cars in any of the states I was in. Good thing you have hookups. Just goes to show that the cops in your state must have no other crimes apparently since they have so much time to pick on someone for their exhaust.
I know its funny to me but the exhaust is loud as hell i revved to 5k in 2cd between 2 buildings and you can hear that **** for like 6 blocks LOL but i love that. For the most part i can avoid this BS tickets but today i just got gayed BTW the cop didn't give me a ticket for the exhaust instead he decides to ticket for me for my tints instead :eek:hsnap:

·
Registered
497 Posts
Where I live it's not the loud bikes you have to worry about, it these big ass trucks with straight pipes right off the headers and tips big enough to fit your head in! Trust me it gets really annoying, at least a bike with pipes sounds good.

·
Registered
5,818 Posts
0 tickets so far.. but plenty of looks from EVERYONE :thumb:

·
Registered
731 Posts
Yeah that really pisses me off about motorcycles. How crotch rockets and harleys and stuff can have these loud ass, and I mean LOUD ASS exhausts and drive right past a cop with nothing happening but of course, if I had an exhaust on my Si they'd be right on me.

That's the main thing I'm worried about when getting a cat-back, the damn cops. Cops here in NY are very iffy and it seems like they have nothing better to do but pull over innocent people where there are so many crimes going on. Gotta meet their quota!!! :police:

·
Banned
49,418 Posts
lol.....Will, I somehow knew you made this thread...lol As you know I got one Thursday but he told me if I get it fixed it will be dropped. I'm putting the stock exhaust on and then putting the Skunk back on after it's fixed.....
You heard all those damn cars on Thursday...half were alot louder than me :mad:

·
Banned
710 Posts
damn, i got a skunk2 70mm cat back. Looks from everyone and i was pulled over once. I was like "oh well, there goes my permission to drive for a month"

the cop told me that it sounded nicely tuned and asked me stuff, wtf? But, he told me I should put a silencer on after 8pm, yea right....... Well, so far so good for me I guess, but that sucks, i feel for u bro, cops can be assholes. Glad ur fam's helping u out with the tickets but she prob wont let it slide much longer considering you have had like 5 tickets already

·
Registered
13,652 Posts
remz857 said:
damn, i got a skunk2 70mm cat back. Looks from everyone and i was pulled over once. I was like "oh well, there goes my permission to drive for a month"

the cop told me that it sounded nicely tuned and asked me stuff, wtf? But, he told me I should put a silencer on after 8pm, yea right....... Well, so far so good for me I guess, but that sucks, i feel for u bro, cops can be assholes. Glad ur fam's helping u out with the tickets but she prob wont let it slide much longer considering you have had like 5 tickets already
Tell him to worry about the m.fkr's with their music bumping all the time.

·
Banned
49,418 Posts
silver h22 said:
how many tickets will it take before u take it off?
lol
I got $20 says he takes it off after 10 tickets :lildevil:

·
Registered
15,798 Posts
I donno, I kinda agree. Will says you can hear it for 6 blocks.. that's just a bit ridiculous imo. Some people just want to relax, nap, have a quiet dinner, etc etc and his car is booming around. There just becomes a point where the ticket is deserved, and will has hit that point lol.

·
Banned
49,418 Posts
I Vtec said:
I donno, I kinda agree. Will says you can hear it for 6 blocks.. that's just a bit ridiculous imo. Some people just want to relax, nap, have a quiet dinner, etc etc and his car is booming around. There just becomes a point where the ticket is deserved, and will has hit that point lol.
I have it too and yes it is loud long after you pass a landmark......I was thinking about this yesterday when I was at my daughters soccer game and this ricer did a few passes......here's mine and what I mean

http://youtube.com/watch?v=CC85Hxh1KCU

·
Registered
1,808 Posts
I Vtec said:
I completely agree with you man.

In my case though Massachusetts is extremely anal. You cant have anything modified at all, which i think is stupid, it should be a decibel limit.

Its perfectly fine for the mass staties to fart around on their Harleys but I cant have a tasteful, barely louder than stock exhaust.

:chill:

·
Registered
26,621 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
06blaksi said:
I got $20 says he takes it off after 10 tickets :lildevil:
Ive thought about it but it would be hard for me to let it go maybe a Greddy Tic is in my future but i want 70mm again and i guess every 70mm will be loud :eek:hnoes:

1 - 20 of 57 Posts