8th Generation Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi There

I tried searching and cannot find any feedback / results on these cams.
I know that most guys recommend upgrading the valvetrain and fitting stage 2 or higher cams.

I am still interested in just a drop in cam though. I know what to expect for the DC DIC's, but cannot find much info on the Skunks.

Could someone please offer some feedback on these?

·
Registered
76 Posts
I think a lot of people will jump in and say, "this has been covered 100 times", but it really hasn't.

I am curious about this too. Skunk2 came out with cams specifically named "Drop in cams", even though their stage 1 cams can be dropped in. I am wondering what is the difference between the two cams.

Also O.P. TSX cams for the money are the best Drop in cams from all of my research. Otherwise if you are going to spend 700 dollars on cams you might has well go stage 2.

·
Registered
647 Posts
The intake cam is slightly bigger on the Intake side of the tsx while the exhaust cam is about identicle to a stock 8thgen SI. They will run you the same price as skunk2 DIC brand new. If you do go this route then buying a used set is hard to find but usually sell for $300. I don't know anything about cams but I am going to buy skunk2 DIC fairly soon and I will give a review

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks for the feddback. It is much appreciated.

TSX cams are an option, but I am very keen to see results of the Skunk2 DIC.
I have seen quite a few DC DIC dynos, and would like to make an informed decision before spending money.

·
Registered
45 Posts
I recently installed the Skunk2 DICs, I am currently running a J35 TB, K Tuned 3" CAI, K Tuned Header, K Tuned 3" exhaust, RDX injectors and Flashpro, I am now waiting on Vit to get back to me on tuning my car. As soon as I find out how much power I am putting out I will get back at you guys! ??

·
Registered
33 Posts
I recently installed the Skunk2 DICs, I am currently running a J35 TB, K Tuned 3" CAI, K Tuned Header, K Tuned 3" exhaust, RDX injectors and Flashpro, I am now waiting on Vit to get back to me on tuning my car. As soon as I find out how much power I am putting out I will get back at you guys! ??
In for an update!:beer:

·
Registered
45 Posts
No not yet sorry, still in the process of getting Tuned, been a couple days now since I've received another calibration from Vit. Waiting for more Cals, it's getting fun now though lol he's having me do 3rd gear WOT pulls from 1700-5500 RPMs.

·
Registered
45 Posts
Update, sooooooo I didn't finish the tuning process with Vit, I was getting tuned for FBO, but I came across a good deal on a Full Race Turbo kit and ending up getting it... I'm currently installing the kit now and starting the rerunning process with Vit. Sorry that I couldn't get you guys numbers on the Skunk2 DICs :/

·
Registered
555 Posts
There is not a whole lot of info on DIC mainly because if you're taking the time to open the engine up and spending the money it doesn't make sense to not save up a little extra to step up to DC 2.2's and new valve springs. The power gains from your typical DIC is negligible for the money.

·
Registered
117 Posts
Hey whats up guys

So I see some of you guys are very interested in numbers for the Skunk2 DIC
My Mods:
I(3.5in)/H(s2)/E(3in), 1k CC Injectors, TSX TB, Skunk2 Pro Series IM, 265 Fuel Pump.
Results for Skunk2 DIC 230 hp 161 tq
(stock tensioner, stock valve springs/retainers stock oil pump)
These are the numbers I got from a K20R
ITR tuned: 228/153
TSX tuned: 232/153
DIC tuned: 234/150 ... DRAG CARTEL
K20A.org .:. The K Series Source . Honda / Acura K20a k24a Engine Forum - View Single Post - 06 TSX vs DC5R comparison pics inside!

If you guys know of any numbers from a k20z3 then post it with the resource reference.

Hope you guys are HAPPY because I am :)

Attachments

·
Registered
117 Posts
There is not a whole lot of info on DIC mainly because if you're taking the time to open the engine up and spending the money it doesn't make sense to not save up a little extra to step up to DC 2.2's and new valve springs. The power gains from your typical DIC is negligible for the money.
results

1 - 20 of 21 Posts