8th Generation Honda Civic Forum banner

Skunk2 Cams for K20

12597 Views 43 Replies 25 Participants Last post by  kcimportsaz
Anyone here anything about these Skunk2 Stage 1 Cams for the K20Z3 and what kind of gains can be had?

http://www.procivic.com/pages-produ...ernals-skunk2-high-performance-camshafts.html
1 - 20 of 44 Posts
Mattzilla said:
Anyone here anything about these Skunk2 Stage 1 Cams for the K20Z3 and what kind of gains can be had?

http://www.procivic.com/pages-produ...ernals-skunk2-high-performance-camshafts.html

Just got off the phone with Skunk2

they have no camshafts for the 06+ civic si
That's odd that they would put them on their site.

What camshafts are they using in the TOV SI?
jboogie183 said:

thats what i said to the skunk2 rep

she told me to call procivic and get "part numbers"

but i'm at work and can't be making calls all day for car stuff ;)

an occasional call to prove someone wrong or a point
MAYBE:love:
jboogie183 said:

What camshafts are they using in the TOV SI?

TOV Si is running IPS K2 cams. It sounds like a diesel
caveman74 said:
TOV Si is running IPS K2 cams. It sounds like a diesel
So does my car
I dunno about NA but in my car they made 25whp just being dropped in. With tuning i'll get even more.
Type X said:
Just got off the phone with Skunk2

they have no camshafts for the 06+ civic si
whoever you talked to is a idiot because everything "in" the k20a2 will work on the k20z3.
dont cams usually make your car not pass smog?
Depends on the type of cams. Some will raise your idle higher and without tuning it will be instant failure for the visual.
^^how bout these skunk 2 cams were talking about here?
06RALLYREDSI said:
how much of a diffrence do cams make??
the TOV Si got around 20-25 hp. The IPS cams also run around 1200.00
caveman74 said:
the TOV Si got around 20-25 hp. The IPS cams also run around 1200.00
thats a crazy idle speed
fa1 said:
Depends on the type of cams. Some will raise your idle higher and without tuning it will be instant failure for the visual.
How in the hell would Cams cause you to not pass "visual"? You can't even see the damn things! I don't know about you, but they dont remove my valve cover when I go for smog testing! It might not pass the sniffer though...

I see your 17. Have you ever taken in a car for testing? Not to be a d**k, but being that you just started driving you might not have had to do this yet...

Anyway, some cams are CARB legal and some aren't...none are CARB legal for us yet...On a side note, I looked in my Service manual and cams don't appear to be a difficult install...i.e. just take em out before the test and repleace with the old ones..I mean it's not super easy, but it doesn't look too bad...tuning would still be an issue however...
untouchablesi said:
thats a crazy idle speed
If your being serious he meant $1200.00 lol
CaliGuy said:
How in the hell would Cams cause you to not pass "visual"? You can't even see the damn things! I don't know about you, but they dont remove my valve cover when I go for smog testing! It might not pass the sniffer though...

I see your 17. Have you ever taken in a car for testing? Not to be a d**k, but being that you just started driving you might not have had to do this yet...

Anyway, some cams are CARB legal and some aren't...none are CARB legal for us yet...On a side note, I looked in my Service manual and cams don't appear to be a difficult install...i.e. just take em out before the test and repleace with the old ones..I mean it's not super easy, but it doesn't look too bad...tuning would still be an issue however...
I believe he was saying the high idle wouldn't pass a visual
somedaySI said:
Yea, that's what I meant, I don't think they will even try if they see your idle at 1k and up.
somedaySI said:
Eh, can't comment on that...maybe...
1 - 20 of 44 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.