8th Generation Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I got mine installed and got an awesome basemap from Steve so I've been test driving it around and im hearing the headers scrape against the sub frame. Little freaked out. I've heard I need to get a rear motor mount to fix this by hasport. Didn't realize they're are multiple ones. Do I get the street one or the race one? Keep in mind I just daily drive my car so I don't actually race it. So either the 62a or the 70a. Anybody have experience which would be better for daily driving?

Registered
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Also the secondary o2 when connected to the bung and tight it is faced straight down feel like thats bad. Anybody else run into this? I'm a noobie lol 馃槅

Registered
I went with innovative. They don't have a lower mount, their philosophy is that it can crack the oil pan. Although plenty of people on here run Hasports with no problems. I am having someone install Innovative 75A, energy suspension master kit, and rear camber arms(my rear camber is currently -2.7 OEM rofl). Will let you know the results.

Registered
So I got mine installed and got an awesome basemap from Steve so I've been test driving it around and im hearing the headers scrape against the sub frame. Little freaked out. I've heard I need to get a rear motor mount to fix this by hasport. Didn't realize they're are multiple ones. Do I get the street one or the race one? Keep in mind I just daily drive my car so I don't actually race it. So either the 62a or the 70a. Anybody have experience which would be better for daily driving?
If you plan on keeping your stock mounts most people go with the 70a I believe.

Registered
I had the same problem when I installed a megan shorty and berk HFC.
I bought some slightly used 62A hasport left and right mount (minus rear). and it didnt fix the problem but it did stiffen drivetrain up. I guess the rear one is more important for exhaust movement.
I just daily my car pretty hard and 62A is enough I think. You get more engine noise but it isnt anymore than installing a muffler loud.
I received the rear in the mail today. Ill check back and see if it solves the problem.

Registered
I had the same problem when I installed a megan shorty and berk HFC.
I bought some slightly used 62A hasport left and right mount (minus rear). and it didnt fix the problem but it did stiffen drivetrain up. I guess the rear one is more important for exhaust movement.
I just daily my car pretty hard and 62A is enough I think. You get more engine noise but it isnt anymore than installing a muffler loud.
I received the rear in the mail today. Ill check back and see if it solves the problem.
Just did the rear, it solved any sort of exhaust movement. Before, Sometimes when i was losing grip I couldn鈥檛 shift as smoothly and wheel hop is very much so reduced. All around hasports 62A is overkill for 200hp but i like it!

Registered
Just installed Innovative 75A with the Alpha headers. Can power shift without engine bucking(destroyed my TOB, so don't do this unless you like clutch jobs, but mine was shot anyways) tested on dyno. For some reason my left tire wants to bite inwards during hard shifts now, need to tune that suspension some more...

Registered
Just installed Innovative 75A with the Alpha headers. Can power shift without engine bucking(destroyed my TOB, so don't do this unless you like clutch jobs, but mine was shot anyways) tested on dyno. For some reason my left tire wants to bite inwards during hard shifts now, need to tune that suspension some more...
how is the idle on 75a? haha im actually trying to kill my throw out bearing so I can do a clutch job for the first time.

Registered
how is the idle on 75a? haha im actually trying to kill my throw out bearing so I can do a clutch job for the first time.
I have it set to idle at 1150, pretty high. If you let it idle at 750 the whole thing will shake apart, BEFORE you turn on the A/C lol.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts