8th Generation Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
192 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Here are some pics of my Skunk2 70mm Power R Catback Exaust installed on my '07 Taffy si Coupe. Sounds/Looks very good!

polished resonator:

·
Registered
555 Posts
Are your hangers on the muffler touching or almost touching the framing? I just got one of these and mine are touching(still after a lot of people have told them they rub). It is starting to make noise, I am going to try some sort of padding inbetween or cut them shorter.

·
Registered
192 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Are your hangers on the muffler touching or almost touching the framing? I just got one of these and mine are touching(still after a lot of people have told them they rub). It is starting to make noise, I am going to try some sort of padding inbetween or cut them shorter.
mine are very close, i was thinking of doing the same thing (cutting the hangers back some). everything hangs fine when the car is cool, but once it runs for a few mins. (exhaust gets hot, expands) then it touches.

·
Registered
80 Posts
mine are very close, i was thinking of doing the same thing (cutting the hangers back some). everything hangs fine when the car is cool, but once it runs for a few mins. (exhaust gets hot, expands) then it touches.
:yeahthat:

Yea they may not rub just yet but give it some time and they will rub and you will have the most aggravating rattle you've ever experienced haha... best thing to do is to drop the muffler and either cut the brackets or heat them up and bend them downward.... i tried to cut mine but i wanted the extra curve to ensure that it wont slip off the rubber mount. IMO bending it a little would be the better way to go ... heres a pic of mine

http://i30.photobucket.com/albums/c305/slamin_f150/RCK014-1.jpg

·
myspace.com/assistant_ar
5,306 Posts
i just ordered the 60mm coz no point of getting 70mm for me, unless i want my car to be really loud. I know 60mm is still loud but its not as loud as the 70mm

1 - 16 of 16 Posts