8th Generation Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
3,147 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Skunk2 70mm catback: when the car hits Vtec, it definitely sounds like a crotch rocket taking off and sounds really sweet at lower RPMs, it has a really deep sound to it, this exhaust is NOT for those who want a quiet system. The silencer has holes drilled in the pipe and is wrapped in steel wool which then has a metal mesh screen tack welded over it, makes the exhaust sound a little raspy but makes sound levels a little more bearable on the highway.

Overall a 8 out of 10.

DCRH: Comes in a silver colored ceramic paint and gaskets and new header bolts for bolting to the head plus thermal tape for a few of the wires under the hood. Was a pain in the ass to get installed but car seems to rev a bit freer and made the exhaust a bit louder, haven't ran the car on the track yet so I dont know what the difference will be nor have I dynoed the car yet.

Overall a 7 out of 10.

·
Registered
26,621 Posts
gibbletz said:
Skunk2 70mm catback: when the car hits Vtec, it definitely sounds like a crotch rocket taking off and sounds really sweet at lower RPMs, it has a really deep sound to it, this exhaust is NOT for those who want a quiet system. The silencer has holes drilled in the pipe and is wrapped in steel wool which then has a metal mesh screen tack welded over it, makes the exhaust sound a little raspy but makes sound levels a little more bearable on the highway.

Overall a 8 out of 10.

DCRH: Comes in a silver colored ceramic paint and gaskets and new header bolts for bolting to the head plus thermal tape for a few of the wires under the hood. Was a pain in the ass to get installed but car seems to rev a bit freer and made the exhaust a bit louder, haven't ran the car on the track yet so I dont know what the difference will be nor have I dynoed the car yet.

Overall a 7 out of 10.
O trust me i know i have the Skunk2 70mm its def the best exhuast for this car it screams like no other and is super Deep !

·
Registered
354 Posts
I keep thinking I am going to get the skunk2 70mm but I my wife would **** if it was super loud... but it sounds so good...... ohhh is it worth getting yelled at....

·
Registered
3,147 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Holland said:
I keep thinking I am going to get the skunk2 70mm but I my wife would **** if it was super loud... but it sounds so good...... ohhh is it worth getting yelled at....
Just pop in the silencer when shes in it.

·
Registered
3,147 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I've had nothing but positive comments coming from people who've heard it, even from a co-worker of mine that is 60 years old and drove a camaro until a few months ago.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts