8th Generation Honda Civic Forum banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So a skunk spray my car the other night. What can I used to get the stains off my paint. I put the car through a car wash, and then tried to scrub with peroxide and tomato juice. The smell seems to be gone but the stains are still there. The car is Taffy white if that matters.

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I have a clogged drain in front of my garage, and I am thinking my sump pump kicked on and startled it. The garage door had some spray, but the back of SI looks to have taken the brunt of it. Of course my 14 year old pickup was spared......

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
So I was able to get the spray off the trunk and rear fender (metal parts) with a bleach and water mixture. But on the plastic bumper the residue came off, but the paint is discolored yellowish. I tried some rubbing compound, and that helped lighten the color but its not going away. I don't have a buffing machine so I am trying to do it by hand. I am going to get a machine tomorrow, what would be the best one to get?

·
Registered
1,953 Posts
If you eventually get desperate, just buy a cheap $6bottle of liquid Turtle Wax Premium Polishing compound and try that. If that's too weak (probably the case), buy the " " " " " Rubbing Compound. That should do the trick, and also shouldn't strip the paint or anything.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.