8th Generation Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
330 Posts
good find...couple of questions though...how does it work with the DBW set-up? is a conversion to cable required? and why doesn't skunk2 have it listed on their site?

·
Registered
336 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I'm not sure about ethier of those questions because it's not listed on the site, and I just found it myself. I was hoping someone could else could answer those questions.

·
Registered
336 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Okay I just contacted King Motorsports and they said that these throttle bodies are out of stock and they are in the middle of a redesign process at skunk2. So now i'm going to contact them.

·
Registered
336 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Okay I just got off the phone with skunk2 and they said it will be available around late February with there IM. So I know they arn't always accurate with ETA's but it's a start.

·
Premium Member
9,414 Posts
and cant we just bore the stock one? anyone know if there would still be a problem with it sticking open if bored too much? id imagine so, but maybe the DBW got something right

·
Kansas Chainsaw Massacre
6,296 Posts
probably 2 or 3 hp gain. don't count on much. someone asked about the measurments- if my memory serves me right, I think the stock throttle body has a diameter of 65 mm. I'm not 100% sure- I could definitely be wrong. I'm too tired to search for the thread right now, so if I'm wrong and someone knows the exact measurments feel free to post it.

·
Registered
563 Posts
for 3 hp i dont think its worth it unless my engine is build completly... not worth a couple g's for that kind of gain

·
Premium Member
9,414 Posts
i think that the spoon one got 6 whp for $600

TB's wont add a lot of hp but mostly throttle response.
and when coupled with an intake and an IM you'd probably see a pretty good gain with a TB

·
Registered
4,610 Posts
You're going to get a CRAZY sound from your intake too (louder and deeper)

But... man $600 for 6hp ???? Spend that on nitrous and get 75hp.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts