8th Generation Honda Civic Forum banner
  • Hello Everyone! Let us know what you would spend a $50 Amazon gift card on, HERE For a chance to win a $50 Amazon Gift Card!
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2,285 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
A wekk ago my friend and i installed my skunk 2 springs on my 08 si sedan. (thanks to the DIY section!) Well, the drop looks great, car handles well, and as far as the bounce effect, theres barely any.

Howver, i dont know if its just me being paranoid since this was my first time ever doing this, or something ir really wrong. when I drive a slow speeds, I hear odd sounds while going over bumps, small potholes, etc. in my apt. complex. It kind of sounds like a bunch of stuff in loose in my trunk. Like a odd knocking/rattling sound from both ront and rear. i though maybe something was loose but its not. but thats what it sounds like.

Just to be safe, the car is not moving until i get it checked out. but wanted to know any ideas from anyone on here that I can check before taking it in. Thanks.

BTW, I live in the DFW area if anyone knows a good place or has the experience to help me figure this out.

·
Registered
1,913 Posts
A wekk ago my friend and i installed my skunk 2 springs on my 08 si sedan. (thanks to the DIY section!) Well, the drop looks great, car handles well, and as far as the bounce effect, theres barely any.

Howver, i dont know if its just me being paranoid since this was my first time ever doing this, or something ir really wrong. when I drive a slow speeds, I hear odd sounds while going over bumps, small potholes, etc. in my apt. complex. It kind of sounds like a bunch of stuff in loose in my trunk. Like a odd knocking/rattling sound from both ront and rear. i though maybe something was loose but its not. but thats what it sounds like.

Just to be safe, the car is not moving until i get it checked out. but wanted to know any ideas from anyone on here that I can check before taking it in. Thanks.

BTW, I live in the DFW area if anyone knows a good place or has the experience to help me figure this out.
had the same problem it is the endlinks that's all tighten them and your good. and your springs have'nt settled yet just wait its a nice drop. Here is a pic of my car

·
Registered
10,265 Posts
oh damn. this happened to me too. i had a bolt fall out due to lack of paying attention when re-tightening things. make sure all the bolts are still in. just jack it up/take off wheels, and check your shocks for missing bolts. thats what id do first.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.