8th Generation Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
238 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey everyone I just installed my 70mm skunk 2 exhaust that i got from corsport.. it sounds amazing btw... Im having this anoying issue. i have a dcrh and where it connects to the skunk 2 exhaust the skunk 2 exhaust piping comes extremely close to the body of the car.. Sometimes the exhaust piping will bang on the body of the car and it gets quite anoying.. Has anyone ever ran into any of these problems and what kind of fix did you come up with? Thanks.

-Rob

·
Registered
238 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
no not the hangers.. where the skunk2 exhaust and the dcrh meet. there is a piece of frame or so under the car. the skunk2 exhaust bends down to avoid it but doesnt go far enough and clears it by like a quarter of an inch. sometimes the exhaust bangs against this as i can feel and hear it directly under the shifter.

·
Registered
238 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
yeah.. any help would be amazing as its really anoying and i see no way of adjusting anything.. as the dcrh cant be adjusted any. only thing i can think of is the exhaust hangers hold the exhaust up too close to the body.. and are too soft so it lets it bounce around.

·
Registered
238 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Im gonna try using polyurethane hangers so the exhaust doesnt move around as much maybe that will fix the problem. Let me know if you guys think of anything else. I will keep you posted cuz im sure someone else will have this same problem somewhere along the lines.

·
Registered
3,807 Posts
maybe u got a short hanger on accident? defect of the piping on skunk2's end maybe? i dont have the RH but ik what part your talking about and it doesnt seem like it should touch anything even with a test pipe/RH installed..

·
Registered
199 Posts
I had the same problem with that setup, if you jack your car up you will notice the the piping actually touches the frame under the car, i had AJP adjust the flex pipe on my header to it would send the pipe at about a 15degree angle downward and that fixed the problem.

·
Registered
253 Posts
no not the hangers.. where the skunk2 exhaust and the dcrh meet. there is a piece of frame or so under the car. the skunk2 exhaust bends down to avoid it but doesnt go far enough and clears it by like a quarter of an inch. sometimes the exhaust bangs against this as i can feel and hear it directly under the shifter.
Is the part where the header connects tothe exhaust hitting?

·
Registered
238 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
no its a little further down. its rite near where the header connects to the piping though. im gonna try the polyurethane mounts and see wut happens. maybe the torque dampener as well.

·
Registered
1,825 Posts
Yea i had that problem what i had to do was take a hammer and beat up on the bottom of the car where it was rubbing at to fix the problem,i had 3 spots where it was rubbing,
Best thing i suggest doing is let your car warm up and then just take your hands or foot and press against the exhaust and find out where it is rubbing at.

Or when you bolted the exhaust up make sure you have it bolted together perfect like where every flange is make sure the flanges fit together perfect,its hard to explain over the computer.

Ok tomorrow what i can do is jack my car up and take some pictures where i had to beat on the bottom of the car at.

I know how annoying this was for me and it took me a while to figure out all the spots that were rubbing i had to pull the exhaust down prolly like 5 times before i got it perfect.

I hope this helps,I'll get some pics up tomorrow. :wavey:

1 - 14 of 14 Posts