8th Generation Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was wondering if (since I'm not going to turbo my Si Sedan) it was worth getting the Skunk 2 70mm Exhaust? Are the difference in the power gains noticable and how much louder is the Skunk 2 than the LSD? I realize that any exhaust I get will have some noise, but I want something that is not so aggessive that I get pulled over (not speeding or in VTEC) on my way home from the club after I've had a few drinks. I am looking for something that is tolerable to hear at low RPM's and yet that gives me good performance.

·
Registered
26,621 Posts
I was wondering if (since I'm not going to turbo my Si Sedan) it was worth getting the Skunk 2 70mm Exhaust? Are the difference in the power gains noticable and how much louder is the Skunk 2 than the LSD? I realize that any exhaust I get will have some noise, but I want something that is not so aggessive that I get pulled over (not speeding or in VTEC) on my way home from the club after I've had a few drinks. I am looking for something that is tolerable to hear at low RPM's and yet that gives me good performance.
Well nothing beats the Skunk2 right now in terms of performance for an exhuast but it will be very loud but you will learn to keep it quiet when needed and yes its very noticeable with I/H damn it pulls hard. Thats when it really shines and the 2.7'' piping comes in to play even with just an intake you will feel the extra pull after 4k the LSD exhuast ive never been a fan of looks wise mostly but its a decent exhuast.

Skunk2 ftw :vtec:

·
Banned
28,158 Posts
I have the LSD and people say the skunk2 is louder...
so to be honest, if you are looking for something that wont get you noticed, neither of these will be the ones for you

·
Banned
1,459 Posts
i have both, they both give same power gains, the skunk2 is louder than the LSD by far and heavier. quality wise the skunk2 has far better welds and materials used, the LSD is also more expensive by about 150 dollars. but i would get the LSD, the sound is AMAZING, almost ferrari ish sounding.

·
Banned
2,406 Posts
here check out my vid YouTube - civic si SC, in car sound of the skunk2, but this is with a shitty camera that doesnt have great sound pickup or quality so its actually louder in person duhh. i love my skunk2 and have yet to hear and exhaust out for our car that i would trade it for.

·
CHOO-CHOO!!!!!!
14,929 Posts
I love my Skunk 2 60mm. To be honest though, if you get the 70mm, and don't have FI you might lose a little power.

Reactions: TOMMIELOEKO

·
Registered
26,621 Posts
I love my Skunk 2 60mm. To be honest though, if you get the 70mm, and don't have FI you might lose a little power.
No power loss here with I/H it pulls like an animal and thats no Exaggeration !

70mm i think is perfect for full bolt on's i/h/e reflash and it will really shine i just wish sometimes it wasent as loud with a RH its just silly Loud.

·
Premium Member
22,779 Posts
LSD all the way. i heard one myself on a RR FA5 in Tampa... there is absolutely ZERO raspiness at any & all RPMs. i was extremely impressed!!

if i ever go the route of a full cat-back, LSD would prolly be my only choice honestly. but im enjoying the legality & warranty of my HFP muffler for now -- & for the 319 bucks i paid (discounted mind you) for it, i should rightfully so be doing just that... enjoying it! heh

·
Registered
26,621 Posts
will always explains it best..hes what sold me on the 70mm :thumb:
how u likin those sportlines man?
The drop is sexy but i am still having problems with my car pulling to the left and right and no 1 can figure it out :xyxnervou

·
Registered
8,756 Posts
LSD makes the best sounding exhausts IMO. I still entertain thoughts of selling my WS2 and getting the LSD...

·
Registered
127 Posts
I have the skunk2 70mm and it is loud. It is a clean and throaty tone tho. It does come with a silencer, but I've never used it.

For some reason it sounds better, and even quieter, with windows down. Sounds great in the higher RPMs.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts