8th Generation Honda Civic Forum banner

skunk 2 k-series intake manifold for 06-08 civic si k20z3

9K views 9 replies 6 participants last post by  TYPERZAI 
#1 · (Edited)
Does anybody have this installed in their cars, preferably a 06-08 civic si? i was considering purchasing this for my next mod for my na setup. but i cant find anybody on here whos done this mod, everyone that i come cross has a k20a or a k24a..i i know that our cars come with the RBC IM, which is pretty bad ass :). but was curious on the rumors of the skunk2 k-series actually a nice upgrade. thanks alot in advance :)

#2 · (Edited)
That's because our stock manifold is better. Why does the RSX guys switched to our manifold? :D
That skunk2 manifold would be great on a worked up head. But the stock RBC manifold we have on our cars are great as it is. RRC would be also better if you want to go bigger TB and cams. It's all on what you want your set up to be.

#3 ·
#5 ·
really? i was suggested buy this guy i met at a honda-tech meet, he had a fit with k20z3 swap and said brain cowers are legit, but hey maybe he was suggeesting them for force induction. thanks alot much appreciated for the info, ill look into go powers cams, also do you no if i need to upgrade the valve springs if i just go stage 1? thanks :)

#7 · (Edited)
Quick Breakdown.

The Skunk2 manifold was made as a cost effective way to avoid using a RBC for the bigger cam'd guys.

Some advantages.

1. Skunk2 Manifold is already TB Ported to accept 70MM TB's, the Si one would have to be bored out.

2. Skunk2 manifold accepts a Bolt on Throttle Body. With the RBC the guys would need an adapter.

3. Fitment. The RBC in some of the older K-Swapped Honda's sits close to the hood and rad support. The Skunk2 was designed for clearance.

I have tested a Tuner 2 Powered 12.5:1 Compression RSX with the RBC and Skunk2 and I liked the Skunk2 Power Band much better.

What that means for the Si guys like us.

Your going to eventually have to either port or modify the stock RBC for a bigger cam'd car. On my Si with the build I am doing using Skunk2 Tuner 3's I am using the manifold and hoping that the 70MM (prefer a 72MM) TB is ready as well since I know it will all bolt right on.

Again though, if your rocking a small cam or stock TSX or stock Si cams I would use the RBC.

forgot to add. Skunk2 gives you baller status btw.

Check out this Video - http://www.youtube.com/importdps#p/u/7/V40BJtFOSMg

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.