8th Generation Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i was wondering can i install it with out the flash pro, because im still saving up for a flashpro and the intake is just sitting there getting dusty??? would it cause anything bad???

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

·
Registered
11,043 Posts
Yeah, you could be "lucky" like some that install it and it works "fine".

Funny thing is, i can't tell you if these people running it without flashpro even know what a car runs like when it's fine. So their opinion is entirely subjective and i'd take it with a grain of salt.

Most people will suggest you run it with flashpro only, to prevent your car from throwing CEL's and running like shat.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
then i will be waiting for my flash pro!!! i am collecting at the moment!!! goin get it from vit viper!!

how much gains im looking at with:
s2 alpha header
s2 intake
and i have a muffler delete (if that makes a difference)???
and offcourse with a flashpro??

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

·
Registered
16,395 Posts
^Nice! I just pulled the trigger on FP as well.

I have Skunk2 Alpha header, Skunk2 70mm no_cat-back, and K&N drop-in filter.

Do you think this filter is good enough?

·
Registered
151 Posts

of course the drop in filter will not make as much as a CAI, but im not sure if it gives you much of a gain either... id say go for a CAI, its gonna sound AND perform better :vtec:

·
Registered
3,434 Posts

Get rid of the DIF and get yourself a CAI(Hybrid Racing/Rick Spec'd/Skunk2). With the Header and Exhaust freeing up airflow, you'll need more air coming in. A DIF won't do that for you.

Life's like an ex-wife...............Glad I'm married!

·
Registered
242 Posts
I'm running skunk intake right now. No lights but it does idle low. Around 750-800. Probably running a little rich as well. I plan on getting fp in the next month tho. You should be fine. They would not advertise you could run without fp if they knew it was bad for the vehicle.

·
Registered
819 Posts
I have the Skunk2 Intake Manifold and Skunk2 throttle body currently with the injen intake, but I am about to order the Skunk2 intake, but the upper tube that comes with the kit will not work in my setup as I need to separately buy one that fits the skunk2 TB on one side and skunk2 Intake on the other side

"Each kit includes a 3.5-inch internal diameter lower tube and a tapered, 3.5-inch to 3.0-inch internal diameter upper tube that connects to the factory throttle body with a high-quality, silicone connector (larger diameter connectors for use with Skunk2 throttle bodies or similar sold separately)."

·
Registered
242 Posts
If your gas starts shooting down. I can tell because my gas is going down quicker even if I'm driving the same as before. Danielg, I love the intake. It makes a very deep sound when pressing the gas. Although you are correct you will probably also have to buy a larger connector to attach to your throttle body.

·
Registered
11,043 Posts
I'm running skunk intake right now. No lights but it does idle low. Around 750-800. Probably running a little rich as well. I plan on getting fp in the next month tho. You should be fine. They would not advertise you could run without fp if they knew it was bad for the vehicle.
Keep telling yourself that.

I've seen first hand the number of intakes that say you can run without tuning but do not behave correctly. Hell even the old intakes that came out forever ago, injen, aem, etc, they don't work right without flashpro half the time.

Sometimes they do sometimes they don't, but for these big 3.5" intakes, the answer is that way more often they don't than they do.

Look at my comment above, it rings true. Just because you think it runs good without flashpro, probably just means you have no clue. You don't have flashpro, how do you know how well the car behaves?

1 - 16 of 16 Posts