8th Generation Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
192 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
If you live in Virginia (preferably NOVA) and have the Skunk 70 mm exhaust can you tell me how much you get hassled by the police?

And will it pass emissions?

·
Registered
3,891 Posts
having a skunk70 in va is like being a hot girl walking down the street. You get attention from every man, women, and cops.

So tell me.... is it worth being that hot girl ? or is it worth being that ugly girl aka greddyevo.

·
Registered
192 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
so with a buddy club racing header i should still get a 70 mm skunk2 mp?
Man G Ray stop taking over other people's threads.... j/k

But seriously just start your own thread. This is a specific question as to what cat back exhaust is best for nova people.

What type of exhaust do you guys/girls have, and what attention do you recieve from cops (tickets, follow you, warn you...)? :xyxnervou

Edit: Oh yea and what about the emissions issues for aftermarkey exhausts

·
Registered
5,616 Posts
vibrant is loud too.
It is loud, but not anywhere close to skunk 2 70 mm range. I would honestly not recommend getting the 70mm exhaust as long as you live in VA.

I do know a local guy selling his vibrant cat back if you are interested :wavey:

·
Registered
2,031 Posts
it wont attract cops unlessyou got a header

·
Registered
5,003 Posts
Skunk 2 70mm will attract cops in NOVA area. If you have or plan on getting aftermarket headers I would suggest that you go with a quieter exhaust system. Vibrant is nice, but still loud, especially with headers. I've got DCRH, Hondata and the Apexi WS2 exhaust and it's not that loud and I have yet to get harrassed by any cops. The tip looks very similar to OEM.

·
Registered
2,031 Posts
^^WS2 ftw

·
Registered
3,891 Posts
Skunk 2 70mm will attract cops in NOVA area. If you have or plan on getting aftermarket headers I would suggest that you go with a quieter exhaust system. Vibrant is nice, but still loud, especially with headers. I've got DCRH, Hondata and the Apexi WS2 exhaust and it's not that loud, but I have yet to get harrassed by any cops. The tip looks very similar to OEM.
i was choking my ass of when i was behind you that day. THe fumes are so noticable :eek:hnoes:

·
Registered
2,031 Posts
^^ eh it happens :violin:

·
Registered
5,003 Posts
with your headers.. it was loud enough to grab unwanted attention. Just keep your revs below 4.5k :eek:hnoes:
I always do now. Unless someone pulls up to me and wants to run, then I might do some :vtec::vtec::vtec:. BTW, ran against an S2K yesterday, that was so much fun.

·
Registered
5,003 Posts
Beat her. I'm assuming it was a stock S2K, she ran it hard, I could hear the vtec kick in. But she didn't know how to drive I guess, she dropped into the wrong gear when we started and I got the beat on her. She tried it again at a signal light, she just wanted to win...she kept revving and asking what kind of civic that was. I told her it was a LX. Off the line I launched at about 4K, tires grabbed, everything was great....beat her again to 70.

·
Registered
192 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Thanks guys. Alright so S2 is off the list. I don’t think I would ever get a Vibrant exhaust because I hear it will leak no matter unless you weld that clamp. Also I hear it bubbles a lot, and I have see/heard clips that support that. I really want a deep tone that does not make my Si sound like a rice burner.

So I never considered the A'PEXi N1 but I did some looking around and it seems like a winner....

What are your thoughts one the N1?

Compared to stock how much nicer does it sound?

1 - 20 of 32 Posts