8th Generation Honda Civic Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
1,636 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I got Skunk 2 70mm exhaust for christmas and installed myself.

The exhaust was quite simple on the install except for when it came to the connection to the catalytic converter. S2 gives you longer bolts for this but the hard part was getting out the stock bolts. so that gets frustrating..other than that easy to install yourself!

5 Reasons I recommend -

1. Not a "huge" muffler but a good size.
2. Nice sound..people will be asking you to rev it up :D
3. Easy install, something you can definitely do and learn doing it.
4. If it is too loud they do come with a silencer.
5. Sound when u hit Vtec...:D it sure screams, you'll love it.

5 Reasons you might not like -

1. Too loud.
2. Rattles sometimes(can be fixed..http://www.8thcivic.com/forums/do-yourself-articles/31488-diy-modify-skunk2-exhaust-hangers.html)
3. Police in your area ( I've had 2/3 cops behind me...never said anything)
4. Long trips tend to be annoying (Constant tone)
5. Passangers in car might get quite annoyed.

I personally recommend this exhaust. I love it and have no regrets..If your thinking about going S2 go for it. You'll be amazed the first start up and :vtec:

I've attached a Sound Clip and Two pictures..

Enjoy 8th :dance:

·
Registered
589 Posts
sounds like a good review, im still on the line on if i want it or not cause of how loud it may be, vids are good and all but i wanna hear it in person first.

·
Registered
3,480 Posts
i love the tone of this exhaust, but to put it in perspective, my buddy's s2 60mm was louder with stock header than my car when it had dcrh and custom vibrant axle back (straight through muffler)

vid:

·
Registered
2,659 Posts
Man, when I had my skunk2 70 on my si I loved the deep tone :) you will be happy with it

·
Registered
164 Posts
I might have to look into this since I'm really unhappy with the exhaust that got put on when I took it to shop in my town. I'm sure it'd open everything up really nice.

·
Registered
2,003 Posts
thanks for the info! not a fan of the farty, raspy sound. if i decide to start modifying my si, i'll be going with the apex'i WS2 for tone and gains (10 whp gain to a stock si.)

·
Registered
420 Posts
thanks for the info! not a fan of the farty, raspy sound. if i decide to start modifying my si, i'll be going with the apex'i WS2 for tone and gains (10 whp gain to a stock si.)

Ya know...I thought the same thing. It's not a farty raspy sound at all. I mean, in the car it sounds loud..really. I had a buddy of mine do a couple of runs up my street with me watching. I had him do normal driving, 35-40 mph, not bad. I had him coast in gear, sounds fine, then I had him hammer 1st-3rd and NOW it gets loud. It's not as bad as everyone makes it out to be. If anyone knows the Manchester, CT area, you know the cops are D**ks, I haven't had any issues......yet. I've had the exhaust since last summer. Love it, wouldn't think of doing anything else. And going through the tunnels on 384 at WOT is the sickest thing I've ever heard :vtec: = :woowoo:

1 - 14 of 14 Posts